Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
Is there a way to do 'full screen' on the web browser?

Trying to use this device for some educational websites and the address bar, tabs and bottom thing (with the home button, etc.) are all kind of in the way and cluttering up the screen. Is there a way to do like an 'f11' type thing on the Kindle Fire?

Thanks!
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
Trying to use this device for some educational websites and the address bar, tabs and bottom thing (with the home button, etc.) are all kind of in the way and cluttering up the screen. Is there a way to do like an 'f11' type thing on the Kindle Fire?

Thanks!
I'm not too sure the Stock Browser can do this. If you choose Menu from the Options Bar while using the Stock Browser you can change some settings which will make the browser seem bigger (Default Zoom and Text Size come to mind). However, there are other alternative Android browsers that can go full-screen. Dolphin HD and Miren come to mind.

Dolphin HD is my browser of choice.

Download it and find out why. Check out post # 20 here for download links:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=157520&page=2

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-19-2011 at 12:31 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

I'm sorry to be so dumb, but I did put Dolphin on my device and I can't figure out how to make it go full screen. It still has "Jody's 3rd Kindle" on the top with the time, etc. and the home thing on the bottom with the other icons. I want all that to go away if I double-tap the screen (or something). Is that possible?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
I'm sorry to be so dumb, but I did put Dolphin on my device and I can't figure out how to make it go full screen. It still has "Jody's 3rd Kindle" on the top with the time, etc. and the home thing on the bottom with the other icons. I want all that to go away if I double-tap the screen (or something). Is that possible?

Thanks!

There's a difference between being dumb and learning. I think you are learning.

To make Dolphin go Full Screen, touch an open spot on any webpage (Google is a good place to start) and Swipe (touch, hold, drag) the Browser Window to the Left.

Swiping left, the add-on tool bar will show up. Full screen button is at the very top of the bar (it will have four arrows). Touch it and Dolphin will go full screen. It will be necessary to Swipe the browser back to center after going full screen. Dolphin has some really good Add-Ons. Web to PDF is one of my Favorites. It allows you to create a PDF document out of any webpage. For some reason when trying to access the Add-Ons directly using the Dolphin is a problem. A better site to download Add-Ons can be found in the same post I referenced earlier.

Swiping right, the bookmarks side bar will show up. You can choose your bookmarks and check you history and most visited sites there.

To change websites in full screen mode, open the Fire Options Bar and touch the Menu Icon and Dolphin's Address Bar should appear. Once a new website is entered Dolphin will return to full screen.

I also like Dolphin Mini because it is super fast and it gives you full-featured browser options like full-screen mode, gestures, pinch and zoom, saving webpages for offline viewing, Flash support, selecting text, copying text, screenshots etc. Dolphin Mini is one of the better mini browsers out there. Especially if you are looking for something small, simple to use, real fast, and with some of the better features of a mobile browser.

Download Dolphin Mini Free: http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...22448148952285

Miren Browser will toggle full screen with just a tap of the screen.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-26-2011 at 11:02 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Jowi
Connoisseur

Thanks! I'll give this a go
Advert