Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
mboyaci
mboyaci began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage
PRS 650 Firmware and userStyle.css

Hi,

I flashed my PRS 650 with the 1.05f firmware. I had no problems during the flashing process or afterwards. The changes are applied and I can see the clock on the main screen.

Unfortunately I cannot get the userStyle.css file to work. No matter what I try I cannot change the default Sony fonts.

I know the proper fonts are in the reader because when I change the fonts in the epub file using the extra CSS section of Calibre the book is displayed with the correct font.

I also tried flashing the unit with firmware 1.05e in case there was something wrong with 1.05f. I had the same result.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
mboyaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
I just looked at the Sony website to see if there is new firmware for the PRS-650, but did not find any. Is this thread about one of the non-standard firmwares that are out there? If so, could you please make that clear in the title and/or your first post? If it is a Sony authorized upgrade, can you tell us where to find it?
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert