Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
Problem with syncing books?

I've noticed that if I read on my Kindle Fire and then shut it off and go to my iPod Kindle App, it doesn't register the pages that I read on the Kindle Fire. On my Kindle Keyboard, it just automatically knows what page I left off at.

Do I have to actively hit the 'sync' before shutting off the Kindle Fire?

Thanks!

Jody
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
I've noticed that if I read on my Kindle Fire and then shut it off and go to my iPod Kindle App, it doesn't register the pages that I read on the Kindle Fire. On my Kindle Keyboard, it just automatically knows what page I left off at.

Do I have to actively hit the 'sync' before shutting off the Kindle Fire?

Thanks!

Jody
Yes it doesn't auto update. You have to hit the button for it to synch stuff.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes it doesn't auto update. You have to hit the button for it to synch stuff.
Really? that's nuts. This is yet another big gap in the Fire's software - it should sync on reader close or Fire sleep.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Eh? afaik, all kindles have always been this way.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote