Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
EngTeacher
EngTeacher began at the beginning.

Device: prs 700
got a 700 yesterday

Got my 700 yesterday and I love it. I put a couple of books on but have a question. From the sony screen when I drag a book from the list to the reader, the reader show an icon that it is connected and says "do not disconnect." That never seems to go away but the book transfers. Am I missing something?

Thanks very much.
EngTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
I might have your answer , on the left side in your little menu ..after you have downloaded your books there will be a little triangle thing..you must hit it..that will disconnect your cable and the reader with the circle will turn white..then disconnect your cable and you should be ok...give it a go and see if that works for you..can you tell I'm not really computer smart..but I try hard
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Yes, ladyjane is right. Just to the right of the Reader Icon and the word Reader is a small disconnect button, shaped like a fat up arrow or a house (white in a grey circle). Click on this to disconnect the reader.

Or, if you exit the eBook Library software using the "X" in the upper right corner, this will accomplish the same thing, while terminating the eBook Library software.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 05-04-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Or, if you exit the eBook Library software using the "X" in the upper right corner, this will accomplish the same thing, while terminating the eBook Library software.
Yes, Turn Off the Ebook Library it will stop saying dont disconnect.

ive never noticed the other way to disconnect. but thanks for that inf.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
Andybaby, only know that way to disconnect as you do the say with my ipod when I have to update or add new material like audio books..got to love all this new teck stuff...
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
Rules.r
Rules.r began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700?
So how about if we are using Calibre?

I just cold disconnect, though that worries me.
Rules.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #7
Tricky
Tricky began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
if you're using calibre, then use the "safely remove hardware" button near the time/date in windows. Unmount for linux (and I think OSX too)
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote