Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
rittsi
Enthusiast
rittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 505, iphone 3GS, Kindle 3
Tuff-Luv Case

I was browing the I-nique website, & noticed that they had sony covers from Tuff-Luv.

http://www.i-nique.com

I can't seem to be able to post a direct link, but they're listed under cases-pda/notebook.

Has anyone had any experience with these cases?

(The girly-girl in me is tempted by the pink one.)
rittsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I don't have experience with them, but I did notice they have cases for the Kindle. I find it amusing that I can buy a case for the Kindle -- priced in UK pounds -- when the Kindle isn't sold in the UK.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
That case looked great so I ordered one. I'll post my impressions when I receive it.

BTW the cost was less when I added it to my cart than it shows on the website. The total was just over $38 shipped to the USA.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
rittsi
Enthusiast
rittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 505, iphone 3GS, Kindle 3
Induna - I look forward to reading your review. I'm tempted to buy it now, but I may just have to wait till Christmas.

Elsi - I noticed that as well. Maybe they know something we don't?
rittsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
It's listed on eBay as well(two listing and two prices):
http://cgi.ebay.com/tuff-luv-leather...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/tuff-luv-leather...QQcmdZViewItem
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
I like the idea, especially with the little stand that pops out the back - it would make reading while eating a no-hand experience. (And here I was excited how much easier the reader made one-hand eating).

I looked at the close ups though, and it looks a little...ugly. Maybe I'm just not a contrast stitching kind of person. Induna, if you could also post a picture, that would be fabulous. If it looked better in the pictures I would get one.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:10 AM   #7
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidknytOwl View Post
I like the idea, especially with the little stand that pops out the back - it would make reading while eating a no-hand experience. (And here I was excited how much easier the reader made one-hand eating).

I looked at the close ups though, and it looks a little...ugly. Maybe I'm just not a contrast stitching kind of person. Induna, if you could also post a picture, that would be fabulous. If it looked better in the pictures I would get one.
Beautiful Case. Sturdy looking, and the little stand is really useful. If you want a cheaper more adjustable stand, try my link below

One question, though. Where does the cover go when you are reading? folds backwards over the top?
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
direct link to manufacturer of this case

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5055205240633
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
That case looked great so I ordered one. I'll post my impressions when I receive it.

BTW the cost was less when I added it to my cart than it shows on the website. The total was just over $38 shipped to the USA.
Haven't you received it yet?
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #10
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guguy View Post
Haven't you received it yet?
No, it was shipped on Monday from London.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #11
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
That looks nice. I'm not certain on the stitching but I wonder if given a silver Reader that the stitching helps tie the two together. Guess that is something you can only answer and using it for a while.

One thing that worries me looking at it is the right side strip that is positioned between the buttons and screen. I wonder if that will stay good and straight or if it will deform.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 AM   #12
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
One thing that worries me looking at it is the right side strip that is positioned between the buttons and screen. I wonder if that will stay good and straight or if it will deform.

-MJ
I was wondering the exact same thing, and that's what stopped me from buying it.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:25 AM   #13
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I was wondering the exact same thing, and that's what stopped me from buying it.

Sayhello
hello.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #14
hackettt
Enthusiast
hackettt is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
No, it was shipped on Monday from London.
Have you received the case yet? I am anxious to hear a review since no one has reviewed on Amazon either.

Cheers.
hackettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #15
induna
Addict

I just received the case yesterday and I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. Please refer to the photos on the links above.

It is attractive (the white contrast stitching is much less prominent in person than in the photos on the web site). The front and back covers are padded and then covered with a very supple black leather on the out side surface. The inside surface is lined with nylon embossed with the manufacturer's logo. The back cover also has the stand, the bottom of which is secured to the cover by two snaps when not in use. The cover is held closed with a leather strap attached to the front cover and which wraps around the bottom of reader and attaches to the back cover with a magnetized snap.

The black material that surrounds the reader on the inside of the cover is synthetic. The reader is held very securely, and all of the controls and connections are readily accessible. The thin strip of material that runs down the right side of the reader does not appear as if it will be a problem. The synthetic material does not appear as if it will stretch or deform over time. I feel that the memory card holders are useless, since the plastic of the memory cards will be in contact with the screen surface when the cover is closed.

The workmanship is OK. The white stitching is pretty uneven in places. I am also a bit concerned by the fact that the hinge of the cover -- on the top -- is only thin fabric and leather, which makes it very flexible but may not be very durable.

I've only used the reader for about an hour in the new cover, and haven't decided how I feel about it while reading yet, which is the most important thing to me. I will edit this post with my opinion when I've had a bit more experience with it.

Tags
cover, sony 505