Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #1381
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
hey guys I'm with my kobo touch connected and the status from the plugin doesn't show the green arrow when it is connected. But it is still backing up. I just wanted to know if is normal.
I've had another look at this and a play with my devices. Other than the icon, it's working as it was before. Because the add button is disabled, then it has detected the current device is in the list. And because the rename button is enabled, it means the device selected in the list is the currently connected device. The delete button should be enabled, but that's a long standing bug and I'll fix before the next release.

For the icon, the rename and delete buttons aren't the defaults, so it looks like you using a different icon theme in calibre. That probably contains different icons for the plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #1382
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is part of the "Update metadata in Device Library" function. Select the books you want to updated, and select the option. About the middle of the dialog on the right is "Date Added". Select that, and then choose the date to be used from the drop-down to the right. Adjust the other options as needed and press the OK button.

Or were you meaning something else?
This is it - perfect, thank you!
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2017, 05:09 PM   #1383
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
Quote:
I've had another look at this and a play with my devices. Other than the icon, it's working as it was before. Because the add button is disabled, then it has detected the current device is in the list. And because the rename button is enabled, it means the device selected in the list is the currently connected device. The delete button should be enabled, but that's a long standing bug and I'll fix before the next release.

For the icon, the rename and delete buttons aren't the defaults, so it looks like you using a different icon theme in calibre. That probably contains different icons for the plugin.
Bro my bad it was the theme thing that was installed, I unistalled and as you said it's all good there. Thx for the reply.
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:20 PM   #1384
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Bro my bad it was the theme thing that was installed, I unistalled and as you said it's all good there. Thx for the reply.
Actually, it was good to see. I didn't actually know that the plugin would handle icon themes properly. The code that loads the icons themes is shamelessly stolen from kiwidudes plugins.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #1385
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
You can keep the theme, it doesn't impact the functionality in any way.

Quote:
Actually, it was good to see. I didn't actually know that the plugin would handle icon themes properly. The code that loads the icons themes is shamelessly stolen from kiwidudes plugins.
Yes a lot of plugins use the code from kiwidude. This allow every icon in the image folder of a plugin to be themed, not just the action button one.
I've changed all the icons I could, but I didn't think it would mislead people!
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #1386
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
You can keep the theme, it doesn't impact the functionality in any way.

Yes a lot of plugins use the code from kiwidude. This allow every icon in the image folder of a plugin to be themed, not just the action button one.
I've changed all the icons I could, but I didn't think it would mislead people!
Oh yeah thx for the reply, I just asked cuz the icon show an unconnected device hahah so I was like omg is my kobo messed up or something? But it's all good now tho

Quote:
Idk if you get any notifications from the "awards" thread but can you check there ? I left some questions related to them and I'm willing for some help haha
Old 09-10-2017, 06:39 AM   #1387
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Oh yeah thx for the reply, I just asked cuz the icon show an unconnected device hahah so I was like omg is my kobo messed up or something? But it's all good now tho
I've changed the icon to a less ambiguous one, no more confusion
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #1388
Blas
Ulica Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
I've changed the icon to a less ambiguous one, no more confusion
Thx for the update it's really clear now!
Old 09-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #1389
Gibook
Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.

Device: kobo glo
I have many books, so now kobo utilities give me this:

calibre, version 3.7.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 3.7 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.16278-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.16278')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.16278', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Author Book Count (2, 1, 5) && Import List (1, 2, 0) && BBC GoodFood Recipe Reader (1, 1, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 8) && LubimyCzytac (2, 0, 25) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 71) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Antikvarium_hu (1, 0, 1) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 0, 4) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column (2, 0, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && ADLIBRIS_SE (0, 2, 3) && Chinese Text Conversion (2, 2, 4) && biblioNETka.pl (1, 0, 1) && Public_gr (1, 0, 0) && NormComment (0, 0, 2) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Library Codes (1, 0, 30) && Medion OYO Device Interface (1, 2, 8) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Moly_hu (1, 0, 4) && Author Book Count Hierarchy (1, 1, 8) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && Prettify Cover 0.9.12 && food network Recipe Reader (1, 0, 2) && BOL_DE (0, 7, 5) && ScrambleEbook (0, 0, 5) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 2) && GetFileName (0, 0, 12) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && INMONDADORI (0, 2, 1) && Unplugged (1, 0, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 32) && Annotations (1, 6, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && SmartEject (2, 0, 7) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && EpubCheck (0, 1, 2) && KePub Output (2, 7, 1) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Send by RSYNC (1, 0, 2) && Beam Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Medical Reader (1, 0, 1) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && KFX Output (1, 10, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Recipe Reader (1, 0, 1) && QRCode Tracker Filidel (0, 7, 0) && BigOven Recipe Reader (1, 0, 1) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 0) && Skoob (1, 2, 1) && KePub Input (2, 7, 3) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 76) && Kobo Books (1, 2, 1) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Databazeknih (1, 4, 0) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column GUI (2, 2, 1) && djvumaker (1, 0, 2) && Zotero Metadata Importer (1, 0, 49) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Biblionet_gr (1, 1, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 1) && Prince PDF (1, 4, 2) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Martinus.sk (0, 1, 1) && KePub Metadata Reader (2, 7, 1) && Media File Importer (1, 0, 20) && KePub Metadata Writer (2, 7, 1) && FanFicFare (2, 17, 1) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 7) && X-Ray Creator (3, 1, 2) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List (1, 2, 11) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && all recipes Recipe Reader (1, 0, 1) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Webscription (1, 1, 0) && Anobii Fetcher (1, 1, 0) && ADLIBRIS_NO (0, 0, 9) && Quick Preferences (1, 4, 1) && catawiki (0, 0, 2) && Overdrive Link (2, 15, 0) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 1) && Audit Log (1, 0, 8) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) && BOL_NL (3, 8, 16) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && Libri_hu (1, 0, 6) && Copy Cover To Device (2, 0, 0) && MondoUrania (0, 2, 1) && OPML Importer (1, 0, 1) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 3, 7) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && ANOBII (0, 4, 3) && Hymn Reader (1, 0, 1) && Wiki Reader (2, 1, 0) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Overdrive Link* (2, 15, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 449, in dispatch
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2166, in _store_completed
IndexError: list index out of range
Gibook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:02 AM   #1390
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibook View Post
I have many books, so now kobo utilities give me this:

calibre, version 3.7.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 3.7 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.16278-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.16278')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.16278', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Author Book Count (2, 1, 5) && Import List (1, 2, 0) && BBC GoodFood Recipe Reader (1, 1, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 8) && LubimyCzytac (2, 0, 25) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 71) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Antikvarium_hu (1, 0, 1) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 0, 4) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column (2, 0, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && ADLIBRIS_SE (0, 2, 3) && Chinese Text Conversion (2, 2, 4) && biblioNETka.pl (1, 0, 1) && Public_gr (1, 0, 0) && NormComment (0, 0, 2) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Library Codes (1, 0, 30) && Medion OYO Device Interface (1, 2, 8) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Moly_hu (1, 0, 4) && Author Book Count Hierarchy (1, 1, 8) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && Prettify Cover 0.9.12 && food network Recipe Reader (1, 0, 2) && BOL_DE (0, 7, 5) && ScrambleEbook (0, 0, 5) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 2) && GetFileName (0, 0, 12) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && INMONDADORI (0, 2, 1) && Unplugged (1, 0, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 32) && Annotations (1, 6, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && SmartEject (2, 0, 7) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && EpubCheck (0, 1, 2) && KePub Output (2, 7, 1) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Send by RSYNC (1, 0, 2) && Beam Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Medical Reader (1, 0, 1) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && KFX Output (1, 10, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Recipe Reader (1, 0, 1) && QRCode Tracker Filidel (0, 7, 0) && BigOven Recipe Reader (1, 0, 1) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 0) && Skoob (1, 2, 1) && KePub Input (2, 7, 3) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 76) && Kobo Books (1, 2, 1) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Databazeknih (1, 4, 0) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column GUI (2, 2, 1) && djvumaker (1, 0, 2) && Zotero Metadata Importer (1, 0, 49) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Biblionet_gr (1, 1, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 1) && Prince PDF (1, 4, 2) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Martinus.sk (0, 1, 1) && KePub Metadata Reader (2, 7, 1) && Media File Importer (1, 0, 20) && KePub Metadata Writer (2, 7, 1) && FanFicFare (2, 17, 1) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 7) && X-Ray Creator (3, 1, 2) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List (1, 2, 11) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && all recipes Recipe Reader (1, 0, 1) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Webscription (1, 1, 0) && Anobii Fetcher (1, 1, 0) && ADLIBRIS_NO (0, 0, 9) && Quick Preferences (1, 4, 1) && catawiki (0, 0, 2) && Overdrive Link (2, 15, 0) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 1) && Audit Log (1, 0, 8) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) && BOL_NL (3, 8, 16) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && Libri_hu (1, 0, 6) && Copy Cover To Device (2, 0, 0) && MondoUrania (0, 2, 1) && OPML Importer (1, 0, 1) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 3, 7) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && ANOBII (0, 4, 3) && Hymn Reader (1, 0, 1) && Wiki Reader (2, 1, 0) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Overdrive Link* (2, 15, 0)
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 449, in dispatch
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2166, in _store_completed
IndexError: list index out of range
That line has nothing to do with the number of of books. That is where the plugin is calling the Goodreads Sync plugin to do the progress update on Goodreads. I'm pretty sure that this error means you haven't configure the Goodreads Sync plugin properly. There are instructions on how to do this in the first post of the Goodreads Sync plugin's thread.

If you have configured Goodreads Sync and used its functions with no errors, I will need to see a debug log. Restart calibre in debug mode and run the store again and the post the log for me to look at.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #1391
Gibook
Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
That line has nothing to do with the number of of books. That is where the plugin is calling the Goodreads Sync plugin to do the progress update on Goodreads. I'm pretty sure that this error means you haven't configure the Goodreads Sync plugin properly. There are instructions on how to do this in the first post of the Goodreads Sync plugin's thread.

If you have configured Goodreads Sync and used its functions with no errors, I will need to see a debug log. Restart calibre in debug mode and run the store again and the post the log for me to look at.
Thanks You are right!
Gibook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #1392
BrentEubanks
BrentEubanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
problem writing metadata with KU v2.6

I recently started getting the following error every time I plugged in, or tried to manually update metadata on the device:

calibre, version 3.9.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

SQLError: near "s": syntax error

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 540, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 402, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 938, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2430, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2719, in delete_empty_bookshelves
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
SQLError: SQLError: near "s": syntax error

This occurs on a windows 10 machine, running either 32-bit (v3.7) or 64-bit (v3.9). I mostly run 64 bit but I fired up the 32-bit version just to check.

It occurs with both a H2O Edition 1 and an H2O Edition 2. The Edition 2 is new, but I have had the Edition 1 for more than a year, and this problem is new.

I am using v2.6 of Kobo Utilities and v1.3 of Kobo Books.

This is a new problem, and I think it is associated to the upgrade from KU 2.52 to version 2.6.
I upgraded Kobo Books at the same time so it could be related to that, but I think KU is much more likely to be the culprit, given the nature of the error.

Can you tell me how to roll back to version 2.52 so that I can confirm this theory?

Last edited by BrentEubanks; 10-06-2017 at 08:51 PM.
BrentEubanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #1393
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentEubanks View Post
I recently started getting the following error every time I plugged in, or tried to manually update metadata on the device:

calibre, version 3.9.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

SQLError: near "s": syntax error

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 540, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 402, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 938, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2430, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2719, in delete_empty_bookshelves
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
SQLError: SQLError: near "s": syntax error

This occurs on a windows 10 machine, running either 32-bit (v3.7) or 64-bit (v3.9). I mostly run 64 bit but I fired up the 32-bit version just to check.

It occurs with both a H2O Edition 1 and an H2O Edition 2. The Edition 2 is new, but I have had the Edition 1 for more than a year, and this problem is new.

I am using v2.6 of Kobo Utilities and v1.3 of Kobo Books.

This is a new problem, and I think it is associated to the upgrade from KU 2.52 to version 2.6.
I upgraded Kobo Books at the same time so it could be related to that, but I think KU is much more likely to be the culprit, given the nature of the error.

Can you tell me how to roll back to version 2.52 so that I can confirm this theory?
No, this is not coming from the Kobo Utilities plugin. The error is from the KoboTouch driver. You are using the KoboTouchExtended driver, but this is in the common code.

I think you have something strange in one of the options in the driver. I'd like to see what is in the field for "Ignore collections" in the driver configuration. Either take a screenshot or run calibre in debug mode and post the full log when the error happens.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:40 PM   #1394
BrentEubanks
BrentEubanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
No, this is not coming from the Kobo Utilities plugin. The error is from the KoboTouch driver. You are using the KoboTouchExtended driver, but this is in the common code.

I think you have something strange in one of the options in the driver. I'd like to see what is in the field for "Ignore collections" in the driver configuration. Either take a screenshot or run calibre in debug mode and post the full log when the error happens.
Thanks for the reply. You put me on the right track, and I was able to find the source of the problem.

One of my tag's (referenced in the "ignore" list) ended with an apostrophe s. The single quote/apostrophe appears to have confused the driver. I removed that punctuation and the problem went away.

FWIW this is a problem that only appeared recently. The last time I spent much time with Calibre, a couple of months ago, this issue did not occur. So hopefully that helps you narrow down where it crept in.

Thanks again. Sorry about the crosspost. I have not been a forum denizen in a very long time.
BrentEubanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #1395
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentEubanks View Post
Thanks for the reply. You put me on the right track, and I was able to find the source of the problem.

One of my tag's (referenced in the "ignore" list) ended with an apostrophe s. The single quote/apostrophe appears to have confused the driver. I removed that punctuation and the problem went away.

FWIW this is a problem that only appeared recently. The last time I spent much time with Calibre, a couple of months ago, this issue did not occur. So hopefully that helps you narrow down where it crept in.
I'm pretty sure this will have been a problem since I added the ignore list option. There isn't any code sanitizing the input when the SQL statements are generated. I'll fix it, but it won't be immediately. In the meantime, if you really need a single quote, try using two single quotes together. It should work, but I haven't test it.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities