Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I can't view this PDF file on M90 at all

this file contains music sheets stored as image in PDF cannot be displayed on M90 at all, and I got page after page of blanks. Can someone confirm this? either my device is bad or it's a common issue with M90. Link is as following:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...kMGJk&hl=en_US
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
lily77
lily77 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M90
Hi jian1, I have the M90 with the most recent firmware (1.5.1.20110729). I've uploaded your PDF to my device and I also get page after page of blanks.
lily77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
ssdb
Enthusiast
ssdb began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jian1 View Post
this file contains music sheets stored as image in PDF cannot be displayed on M90 at all, and I got page after page of blanks. Can someone confirm this? either my device is bad or it's a common issue with M90. Link is as following:
I couldn't, either.

I think it is something to do with the original PDF file because using the free Cute PDF printer (basically a software printer that creates PDF files) and using Foxit viewer to view the original I printed the file to a new PDF and I can view that on the M90.
ssdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdb View Post
I think it is something to do with the original PDF file because using the free Cute PDF printer (basically a software printer that creates PDF files) and using Foxit viewer to view the original I printed the file to a new PDF and I can view that on the M90.
If I use pdfmanipulate info (from Calibre) on the file, it says:

WARNING: There are more objects (947) in this XRef table than specified in the size key of the trailer directory (932)!

So, it does look like the file has been created with errors. I guess that some PDF display programs work around the problem, and some don't.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...iNWVh&hl=en_US

Another PDF which I can't even open it with Onyx M90... can someone confirm this please? I doubt there's anything wrong with this PDF as it comes from a automaker's website....
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I downloaded your 4 page PDF, imported it into Calibre, and transferred it to my M90. Opens just fine.

I also downloaded the Czerny, and those pages are all blank on my M90 as well. However, I then opened the PDF in Preview on my iMac, and used the Make a Copy option, imported that into Calibre and transferred it into the M90, and it opened with no trouble. The page turns are not swift, but don't seem to be any slower than any other document I've read on it.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 08-10-2011 at 12:30 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote