Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Post Your Desktop Background/Homescreen!

I'll start, although my background and homescreens are subject to change. And I have a bit of information blocked. It's covered by a sombrero. lol

The following is my homescreen on one tablet (the Galaxy Note 10.1):

Clicky:

And my desktop on my Windows PC follows:

Clicky:

A short tutorial:
In order to upload your desktop background/homescreen, take a screenshot on your PC/device (if you do not know how to take a screenshot, simply google search the information), upload it to Box.com or DropBox.com if need be, then Photobucket.com, ImageShack.com or another image hosting site, resize the screenshot using a photo editor (images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels, to the best of my knowledge), copy the Direct link or IMG thumb link if the image is bigger than 600x600 pixels, and when typing your message, insert the image using the Insert Image icon on the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread module.

If you're only posting a screenshot of your desktop background, you could skip the "upload it to Box.com or DropBox.com" step.

It all sounds very complicated, but it truly isn't. lol

EDIT: Again, to the best of my knowledge, images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels. (Individual forum sections may require smaller images.) *embarrassed* I was wondering if my pics were too big. I've provided IMG thumbs in place of the pics.

Source: MobileRead FAQ

Last edited by trichobezoar; 11-18-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Edited tutorial, images themselves, and added a bit more.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Proxima Centauri Oops, wrong thread. Lol

I wish we could delete posts!
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I usually get my wallpapers from InterfaceLIFT. But sometimes I come across some very nice nature and abstract stuff over at DeviantART.

This is my Mac's desktop:

I run an app called Bartender which lets me hide elements of the menubar so I can shove other things into it without it looking crowded. Currently I have Living Earth (for weather), CloudApp (to upload images), Yoink (to drag stuff to the side of the screen to use in another app), and Plex (for media stuff).

At the bottom I'm using uBar. It takes up less screen than the dock and I find it overall more useful especially since I can hide things like the lame Wacom app I have to have open just to use my Intuos (it's my trackpad too).

And here's my iPad Mini's:

Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I have a picture of my son and daughter on all of my desktops. As son threatened to scalp me at best if I share his picture because of what he does, I don't get to play
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Thanks for posting, y'all! Jessica, I used to use a Wacom Intuos tablet with one of my Macs too! I used it in conjuction with ArtRage Studio Pro, as well as a trackpad. I was actually more creative then. : )

I love DeviantArt... I came across a few, awesome Doctor Who wallpapers one time. If anyone is interested, let me know! I could upload them--IMG thumbs and... How would this work? I think you could just download them from my Photobucket account. *nods hesitantly*

Also, I received a message from one of our moderators stating "Your images in the thread below have been deleted, since they violate our guidelines for size:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37#post2979337

Please take the time now to read (or re-read) our Posting Guidelines."

I reread the Posting Guidelines (MobileRead FAQ - Avatars, Images and Signatures) and edited the introductory post. Fortunately I was able to do so. To the best of my knowledge, images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels. (However, individual forum sections may require smaller images.) One could also use an IMG thumb (a small picture that links to a larger picture) in place of a large image.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 11-18-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

I did it again... Double-posted. When editing a message on two individual webpages, I should check to make sure I've already posted the message... especially when I'm distracted. >.>

Last edited by trichobezoar; 11-18-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Double-posted
Old 11-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
Thanks for posting, y'all! Jessica, I used to use a Wacom Intuos tablet with one of my Macs too! I used it in conjuction with ArtRage Studio Pro, as well as a trackpad. I was actually more creative then. : )
Heh, I bought mine because I was fed up with how my 2D Animation I project was turning out (I was drawing it all with my mouse). In the end, it made it worse because my pen drawing is totally different to my mouse drawing. So I didn't touch it for awhile. After you draw 200 and something frames, it's not exactly something you want to redo, especially when you've already started coloring. I have carpel tunnel to begin with.

Then the keyboard on my MacBook Pro died so I had to come up with a quick fix, which was to use the Vizio I had sitting doing nothing in the corner and then go out and buy a wireless keyboard. So it ended up as the mouse since my original Bluetooth mouse fell apart right then and there.

I use mine with Sketchbook Pro and Toon Boom Studio. I've been editing photos with it lately too.

My iPad pretty much echos the computer. I might finally ditch the Mac for that reason.

Your Android setup is interesting. What did you use for your search bar and the folder/drawer overlay?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #8
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

*looking up Sketchbook Pro* Wow, I didn't know you could use it with Mac-based computers! I have Sketchbook Pro on my rooted Nook Tablet. I used it once to draw a werewolf. lol

I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) too, so I feel your pain. Take care of your hands... *nods* Have you heard of the Cirque Touchpad Mouse? It's great for those with sensitive hands. I've had mine for a few years and I'm happy with it.

I looked at your portfolio... I love your work!

For the search bar and the folder/drawer overlay, I used... *searching for info* ADWLauncher EX by AnderWeb and the Dragon ADWTheme by Sergio Andre Fagundes. I also used Langlois Bridge [SQTheme] ADW by Matrix Strategy Inc. for the Van Gogh background. It took awhile to figure out how to use ADWLauncher EX (the main app)... maybe a month learning how to customize/mix the themes, but it's doable. I love my Android homescreen! *huggles homescreen*

Maybe later I'll post thumbs of the Doctor Who wallpapers I have. I forgot the name of the artist, but they're so cool! I love his illustrations.

I don't use my Macbooks much anymore. For awhile I was gung-ho about working on them until I realized that Apple makes it very difficult for geeks like me to fix them. They're still awesome, but they're collecting dust by the wayside. I might use one if I start drawing regularly again. *nods*

I wish we had an artsy fartsy thread so we could talk about all this stuff!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
I wish we had an artsy fartsy thread so we could talk about all this stuff!
Why not start one?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Why not start one?
If I was using my artistic gift regularly, I would. I used to enjoy drawing a bit, especially southwestern, abstract art or conceptual images. (Visions/artistic images would come to me once in a while.) But since I develped CTS... *shaking head* I'm a shadow artist now. A shadow artist is one who has the gift, but doesn't use it for various reasons.

Maybe another artist will start a thread someday?

Last edited by trichobezoar; 11-21-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Corrected wording.

Tags
artsy, background, creative, desktop, homescreen