Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-15-2021, 05:18 PM   #196
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I’ll receive the Paperwhite signature, Libra 2 and Sage.
I’ll be posting comparative pictures.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:53 PM   #197
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
Id been dismissive of Amazon not using the new Carta 1200 screen in the PW5 because I anticipated the difference wouldnt be easily perceivable, but after seeing pictures of the screen of the Libra 2 compared to the original Libra, Im annoyed the new Paperwhite doesnt have it.
I don’t think ‘pictures’ are a good reference. We need to see the actual device. How do we know what the new Paperwhite screen is? Nobody has one.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2021, 11:39 PM   #198
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Your answer was not necessary. And apparently, you forgot to search the same for Kobo.
I forgot nothing. Google the phrase: the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:59 PM   #199
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowpoint View Post
Does that really matter if your enemy is a Goliath and your other enemy is a pea-shooting 3-year-old? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Kobo as much as the next guy, but let's not blow self-delusional smoke up our own asses, ya know?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:53 AM   #200
mezzanine
Groupie
mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Clara, Aura HD
Apparently the dude from ereader says he thinks the new carta screen is empty hype.
mezzanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2021, 03:08 AM   #201
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
but let's not blow self-delusional smoke up our own asses, ya know?

Hitch
Agreed: you shouldn't do that.

Also as I recall: Didn't a certain rock-chucking shepherd, actually defeat Goliath? Gotta start somewhere or nothing ever changes in the marketplace.

Last edited by hollowpoint; 10-16-2021 at 03:17 AM.
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:36 AM   #202
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Apparently the dude from ereader says he thinks the new carta screen is empty hype.
Not empty. I'm sure it has some advantages.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #203
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:

Also as I recall: Didn't a certain rock-chucking shepherd, actually defeat Goliath? Gotta start somewhere or nothing ever changes in the marketplace.
This is a community board, not a playground for your attempts to bend reality and other disillusions.

Please keep it to the original topic.
Old 10-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #204
Almamida
Guru

Quote:
The article made about the Elipsa makes me cautious. I'm waiting to be able to compare the new readers to the actual Libra. Also, a thing to keep in mind is that my Libra does not have a great contrast if I compare it to the Voyage or Oasis. It's slightly (tiny tiny bit) better than the PW4.
Old 10-16-2021, 11:18 AM   #205
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is a community board, not a playground for your attempts to bend reality and other disillusions.

Please keep it to the original topic.
Let’s have an end to this, please.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:51 AM   #206
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Also, a thing to keep in mind is that my Libra does not have a great contrast if I compare it to the Voyage or Oasis. It's slightly (tiny tiny bit) better than the PW4.
Yeah, same. The latest Oasis is better than the Libra and the Voyage was better than the latest Oasis. I don't have any Paperwhites.

The differences are minor, but they're noticeable when the devices are side-to-side.

I'm very interested how the Sage will compare to the Libra1, the Libra 2 and the Oasis 3.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:43 PM   #207
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I know how you feel about the Nook's firmware. I (personally) don't think the software is that bad. And I like the Nook (Home) button. I also like the Page Turn buttons. I've never had the issue of books not showing up in the Nook (but I only move one or two books over at a time and I wait until they show up on the reader before disconnecting the USB cable).

It does have an issue with too few font size selections and the inability to add custom fonts, but that can be cured with Calibre and embedding the font I want or (which I do more) using Georgia with its thicker setting.

But, honestly, the "star of the show" with the Nook Glowlight 3 is its screen. That makes it worth it for me. I also like its bigger bezels. I like my PocketBook HD3 a lot (renders fonts very well and header and footer can be turned off completely) but I honestly wish the PocketBook had kept the older style design. They were bigger but easier to hold. Sometimes smaller isn't always better. (Of course the case makes a big difference. I like the Fintie Portfolio cases (even though they're bulkier) but they're not available for the HD3 — at least not in the U.S.)
The nook screen is infrared. Maybe that's why. But I do find the software dreadful. I rooted it and its better. But even then it was flaky. But yeah nice screen. Also the orange light is imo the best. Its almost red.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:28 PM   #208
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yeah, same. The latest Oasis is better than the Libra and the Voyage was better than the latest Oasis. I don't have any Paperwhites.

The differences are minor, but they're noticeable when the devices are side-to-side.

I'm very interested how the Sage will compare to the Libra1, the Libra 2 and the Oasis 3.
I agree. I have a largely-unused PPW, my late lamented Voyage (sniffle) and the Oasis and so far, the Voyage felt like an improvement on the PPW, but IMHO, the Oasis certainly is not (ergonomic issues, for me, plus I have this ongoing glitch, with the custom settings not working after the device sleeps and no, restarting it, etc., didn't do bupkus), and, I confess some uncertainty about the whole new PPW.

We'll see.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:22 PM   #209
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
The nook screen is infrared. Maybe that's why. But I do find the software dreadful. I rooted it and its better. But even then it was flaky. But yeah nice screen. Also the orange light is imo the best. Its almost red.
The screen can also be more orange (has a wider color range). I don't mind the firmware at all — maybe because I don't load books by the bunches. I've never had any issues with books disappearing or not showing up. If infrared helps make the screen clearer, I wish more would use it because it works.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:29 PM   #210
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The screen can also be more orange (has a wider color range). I don't mind the firmware at all — maybe because I don't load books by the bunches. I've never had any issues with books disappearing or not showing up. If infrared helps make the screen clearer, I wish more would use it because it works.
I belive onyx is introducing a new capacitive type screen with less layers, so hopefully capacitive screens will catch up infrared clarity.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote