Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Agreed. Just not the dedicated "series" ones we hoped for in 3.1, so back to the refines for 3.0 and calibre:series and calibre:series_index for epub2
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:13 AM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Since KevinH added calibre:title_sort, calibre:series and calibre:series_index support to the code for Sigil 0.9.9.1 and the ePub3-itizer plugin I added the same options to the Add Basic dialog box.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2020, 12:15 PM   #18
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Version of Plugin: 0.1.1. Sigil Version: 1.0.0.
Windows 10, 64 bit.
Recently, I get this information when running the plugin: "Ergebnis-XML-Datei-Analyse-Fehler: Öffnendes Element erwartet." Thus, the plugin does not work.
The change in my usual work is that I now no longer use Toxaris' ebub creation tool, but the "Docx-input-plugin" of Sigil. Is there a solution?
Thanks in advance!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #19
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Recently, I get this information when running the plugin: "Ergebnis-XML-Datei-Analyse-Fehler: Öffnendes Element erwartet."
The plugin works fine with Sigil 1.0.0 on my 64bit Windows machine.

The original English error message is "Error Parsing Result XML: Start tag expected" and it's usually only displayed when a user clicks the Cancel button while a plugin is running.

Are you getting the same plugin error message when you open one of your older MR epubs or are you only getting the error message for newer epubs?

If you're only getting the error message for newer epubs, please copy and paste the complete <metadata>...</metadata> section.

If the newer epubs don't have the default Sigil folder structure (Text, Styles etc.), try selecting Tools > Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm (Werkzeuge > EPUB-Datei in Standard-Sigil-EPUB-Datei umwandeln), before running the plugin.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:55 PM   #20
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Are you getting the same plugin error message when you open one of your older MR epubs or are you only getting the error message for newer epubs?
It's only in the newer ones.
Quote:
If you're only getting the error message for newer epubs, please copy and paste the complete <metadata>...</metadata> section.
Here is the metadata section:
Code:
<metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
    <dc:language>de</dc:language>
    <dc:title>Ein Baum im Odenwald</dc:title>
    <dc:date opf:event="modification">2020-01-27</dc:date>
    <meta name="Sigil version" content="1.0.0" />
    <dc:identifier id="BookId" opf:scheme="UUID">urn:uuid:835bd7ec-3a04-43db-86f7-b83d6f72dc8f</dc:identifier>
    <meta name="cover" content="Cover.jpg" />
  </metadata>
Quote:
If the newer epubs don't have the default Sigil folder structure (Text, Styles etc.), try selecting Tools > Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm (Werkzeuge > EPUB-Datei in Standard-Sigil-EPUB-Datei umwandeln), before running the plugin.
I tried this, but then, my formattings are at least partly removed (font assignments).
Advert
Old 01-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #21
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Here is the metadata section:
The metadata section looks OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
If the newer epubs don't have the default Sigil folder structure (Text, Styles etc.), try selecting Tools > Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm

Quote:
I tried this, but then, my formattings are at least partly removed (font assignments).
This shouldn't happen, because restructuring epubs should update all folder paths. If it doesn't, you might want to bring this issue to the attention of KevinH and DiapDealer. (Post before and after code examples.)

Since I can't reproduce your problems on my machine, please PM me a download link for one of the newer epubs that you can't use with this plugin.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:43 PM   #22
Leonatus
Wizard

I just saved the erpub once more, applied the Restructure tool, and everything was allright. Also the Plugin runs as it should.
Strange was only that initially - I had corrected this immediately - the language was assigned as english, and in the metadata appeared neither author nor title. This seems to be a problem of the docx-import plugin.
Thank you for your help, though! I don't know what it was, but as everything is working well again, I'm truely satisfied!
Old 01-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #23
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I just saved the erpub once more, applied the Restructure tool, and everything was alright.
I've just found out that I hadn't uploaded the latest plugin version with Sigil 1.x support to MR.

The lack of Sigil 1.x support might explain the problem that you've encountered.

If you download the latest version, you should no longer have to select Tools > Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm when working with non-standard epubs generated by the docx input plugin.

(DiapDealer also kindly added Darkmode support to the code.)
Old 07-21-2021, 01:54 AM   #24
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
I found that if I paste formatted text into the "Description" box (e.g., copied from a webpage in the browser) it will show italics and bold, and produce encoded html markup:

&lt;em&gt;New York Times&lt;/em&gt; bestselling

However, there is no way to change text formatting in the plugin window. Typing in codes just gets the < and > encoded. Typing in & makes &amp;. So I have to edit the OPF directly.

So would be nice if buttons for italic and bold could be added to do that.

And would also be nice if it could do epub3. Just ignore the tags it doesn't understand as long as it works on those in common with epub2.

Last edited by AlanHK; 07-21-2021 at 02:19 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:59 AM   #25
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
So would be nice if buttons for italic and bold could be added to do that.
That's a good idea, but implementing it is beyond my skill set. Maybe KevinH could add those buttons to the built-in metadata editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
And would also be nice if it could do epub3. Just ignore the tags it doesn't understand as long as it works on those in common with epub2.
I don't have plans for adding epub3 support, because that would require major code changes.