Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-18-2015, 05:14 AM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Change bottom margins on Kindle Voyage

Hi,

Is there any way to change the bottom margins on the Kindle Voyage without jailbreaking? What I like most about JBPatch is that the text is moved much closer to the bottom of the screen, so you get more bang for your buck, as it were.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:34 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Explicitly setting the bottom margin to "0" in the book will help, but no, there's no way to reduce the margin beyond that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, thanks for that. It's better than nothing. I thought you could use a sqlite (probably wrong spelling, sorry) database to set the margins?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:52 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not on the Kindle (AFAIK!). Perhaps you're thinking of the Kobo?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:08 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not on the Kindle (AFAIK!). Perhaps you're thinking of the Kobo?
I've not read of using sqlite to change margins on a Kobo. Its the patches that do it on Kobo.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2015, 06:12 AM   #6
Waylander
Fanatic

I think there was a thread on how to do it with the Kindle Touch, but I don't know if it would work with the Kindle Voyage. Does anyone know?
Old 05-18-2015, 06:13 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
I think there was a thread on how to do it with the Kindle Touch, but I don't know if it would work with the Kindle Voyage. Does anyone know?
Different firmware. Amazon has closed most if not all holes in the 5.6.x firmware.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:22 AM   #8
Waylander
Fanatic

Oh, crap. Oh well, the 0 margins in each individual book will help. I wish they hadn't completely closed the system, as I'm not prepared to actually crack open the hardware to change the software. Wish there was a way around it but my PW 1 has a large scratch on the screen, and I don't want to move away from the Amazon ecosystem.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
Oh, crap. Oh well, the 0 margins in each individual book will help. I wish they hadn't completely closed the system, as I'm not prepared to actually crack open the hardware to change the software. Wish there was a way around it but my PW 1 has a large scratch on the screen, and I don't want to move away from the Amazon ecosystem.
Moving to a different brand Reader is the only way you can get greater customization with your eBooks.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #10
Waylander
Fanatic

Do I set the bottom margin to 0 in page structure or in css?