Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #1
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
New Kindle oasis on way?

there doesn't seem to be any covers in stock on the UK store... usually when Amazon don't have their own stock it means an update

its been like this for a while

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
there doesn't seem to be any covers in stock on the UK store... usually when Amazon don't have their own stock it means an update

its been like this for a while

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Received by my Linux system, using a whole bunch of things.
(Why do people insist on leaving the advertisements enabled.)

On the USA store, as part of the trade-in promotion, there is a place to trade-in your PW3-64Gbyte device.

That is twice the storage of the Japan-only 'Manga Special' device.

Typo?
Indication of something not yet released?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Don't think so! Just means they haven't finished making them. They most likely order things in Huge batches instead of one at a time.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Don't think so! Just means they haven't finished making them. They most likely order things in Huge batches instead of one at a time.
Really, I thought they made everything when one ordered it.

You are 100% correct on how they have things made for them.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #5
Julian1984
Enthusiast
Julian1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
In Spain, red one is out of stock.

I was thinking pretty the same... new one arrival after prime days?
Julian1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2017, 05:21 AM   #6
Julian1984
Enthusiast
Julian1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Well, nowadays only Walnut one is avalaible in any amazon store... In europe, with 2 weeks of delay.

Is not that the typical way when a new product will be released? Or just they are solding out the oasis and no replace it?

Thanks!
Julian1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:15 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My vote:
The Kindle Oasis e-reader will pass into history along with the Kindle Fire cellphone as an over-priced mistake.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Amazon doesn't seem to be selling the Oasis on Amazon.ca anymore. They used to. It doesn't show up in the top "The best devices for reading, period" bar anymore. It's not listed in the menu anymore and only shows up in the comparison or if you search for it where it says "currently unavailable".

At $400 Canadian though I'm kinda curious if they sold many at all.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
My vote:
The Kindle Oasis e-reader will pass into history along with the Kindle Fire cellphone as an over-priced mistake.
I hope so. Personally, I find the design to be a disaster and the prices ridiculous. I think the Voyage is a much better hardware design.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
At Amazon.com, the moving banner only shows the Kindle, Paperwhite, and Voyage. The Oasis is not shown. I think the Oasis is on the way out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:49 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
At Amazon.com, the moving banner only shows the Kindle, Paperwhite, and Voyage. The Oasis is not shown. I think the Oasis is on the way out.
Please post the link on which you saw that because it is not true on Amazon-USA:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00REQKWGA..._k_ods_eink_wy
and:
https://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&no...ods_fs_erdr_cp
Old 08-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #12
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hope so. Personally, I find the design to be a disaster and the prices ridiculous. I think the Voyage is a much better hardware design.
Personally, I find you are wrong!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #13
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
I like buttons, so I like the Oasis.

I predict they are going to make a 7.8" version of the Oasis, with a better battery.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #14
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
It always astounds me that some want gleefully take something away from folks that kind of need that item. Especially if they themselves not ever have used such item, don't even use that brand period and really have plenty of options for them. Yet, they want to take away the one option, only option out there that has buttons. There is no substitute, none. No other reader has buttons, no other brand nothing. I do not consider the Voyage thingies buttons and the bezels are too small to use them comfortable.

So what am I suppose to do when those like JSWolf sit there smugly in case they do discontinue it. You are going to sit there smugly because you got your way? Even though it doesn't affect you?

Absolutely astounded at this attitude towards others. Finding joy in others misery. And yes, for my hands and wrists it would be misery not having buttons.

I am trying to keep my basic with buttons going just in case. I am trying to be super careful with my Oasis just in case. I am hoping they continue to make either the Oasis or another ergonomically designed one like it for those of us that need it. It would never cross my mind to with others have their favorite readers taken away just to be spiteful.

Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #15
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
It always astounds me that some want gleefully take something away from folks that kind of need that item. Especially if they themselves not ever have used such item, don't even use that brand period and really have plenty of options for them. Yet, they want to take away the one option, only option out there that has buttons. There is no substitute, none. No other reader has buttons, no other brand nothing. I do not consider the Voyage thingies buttons and the bezels are too small to use them comfortable.

So what am I suppose to do when those like JSWolf sit there smugly in case they do discontinue it. You are going to sit there smugly because you got your way? Even though it doesn't affect you?

Absolutely astounded at this attitude towards others. Finding joy in others misery. And yes, for my hands and wrists it would be misery not having buttons.

I am trying to keep my basic with buttons going just in case. I am trying to be super careful with my Oasis just in case. I am hoping they continue to make either the Oasis or another ergonomically designed one like it for those of us that need it. It would never cross my mind to with others have their favorite readers taken away just to be spiteful.

I think there were enough Oasis sold to not make JS and others a concern.
Like you I am amazed at the attitudes of some not only on devices but on prices.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote