Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2017, 07:42 AM   #16
CrazyDutchwoman
CrazyDutchwoman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I did try safe mode but I got the same message that I had to contact the software developer and it can't be executed. How weird because I have been using this program for a few months and no problems at all.
CrazyDutchwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #17
CrazyDutchwoman
CrazyDutchwoman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
nvm wrong
CrazyDutchwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #18
rckmnr
rckmnr began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I have the 32-bit version.
rckmnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:06 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckmnr View Post
I have the 32-bit version.
Is it working ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But you have to remember, that whatever the problem is that prevents the 64-bit Calibre from running is still there. Running the 32-bit version is just a band-aid and you really should fix the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #21
rckmnr

I've tried to open it in Safe Mode and I have the 32bit version. Still nothing.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I had the same problem. After Creator update it took several tries but it finally did open and I'm leaving it open.

I'd click the shortcut get a spinning circle for a few seconds then nothing. I'm using 32bit. It took about ten minutes and multiple clicking for it to pop up.

I've never had an issue before.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #23
rckmnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I'd click the shortcut get a spinning circle for a few seconds then nothing. I'm using 32bit. It took about ten minutes and multiple clicking for it to pop up.
For due diligence, I installed the 64-bit version. It does the same thing.

I'll try to start it and let it run for a while ... Thanks!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm running the Windows 10 Creator Update and I've never had any issue with the 64-bit Calibre.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:12 PM   #25
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm running the Windows 10 Creator Update and I've never had any issue with the 64-bit Calibre.
Well, I'm running the Windows 10 Creator Update and I do have an issue with the 64-bit Calibre

See ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290494

I'm not yet 100% certain, but it looks like my problem is with versions 3.5 onwards. Versions 2.85.1, 3.1 and 3.3 are OK, I installed 3.4 about an hour ago, so far so good.

BR
Old 09-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have installed 3.0 on up an I've not had a problem running any one of them.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #27
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
I have installed 3.0 on up an I've not had a problem running any one of them.
Nor does theducks, but he doesn't keep saying it

Mayhap you were vaccinated with a gramophone needle Ψ²

BR
Old 09-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'll have to give this a go on my Surface Pro 2. I've not et run Calibre 3 on it. But before I do, I'll have to make sure I have the Creator Update on it.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #29
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Jon - 4 people from my bricks and mortar library book reading group have calibre 3.4+ 64 bit installed on their Windows 10 1706 systems. None of them have any problems either.

BR
Old 09-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #30
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Some OTHER items don't work as well, but Calibre runs fine.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, windows 10