Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #1441
restinginlove
Junior Member
restinginlove began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Colorado
Device: Kobo Glo HD & Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADambi View Post
Probably firmware 5.8.1 was loaded...
Support for 5.8.10 added, untested.
Thank you! Now I am getting "your kindle is running firmware 5.8.10, which is not supported by this version of Collections Manager." I guess something in the new firmware broke it? This is what I get for OTA updating right after jailbreaking, that was stupid.
restinginlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #1442
knc1
Snappy answers department
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,726
Karma: 16114751
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Texas
Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by restinginlove View Post
Thank you! Now I am getting "your kindle is running firmware 5.8.10, which is not supported by this version of Collections Manager." I guess something in the new firmware broke it? This is what I get for OTA updating right after jailbreaking, that was stupid.
No, those are not relegated.

The only CM version that supports 5.8.10 is a few posts above, at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1440
Is that the one you just tried?

Has any of your fingers (or toes) been even close to the "Reset" selection?

Did you see any messages on your screen when the new firmware version booted for the first time from the bridge code?

Try installing this package:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...69&postcount=5
It is probably not needed in your case, but will do no harm to let it re-install things.
BIG, BOLD, NOTE:
The above package is an exception to the "must use MrPI" rule.
You can put it in the topmost level of visible USB storage (unplug) and use UYK menu selection to install it.
(You can also 'boot into it' - which wasn't intended, but then that package is very new in its development - so we are not sure if that is a bug or a feature.)

Meanwhile, I'll look at the code changes posted and see if it is something as simple as not changing the message.
* * *
I don't see any changes that would have updated the firmware supported message.
That does not mean the author missed doing it, it just means I didn't find it.

If my suggestions above don't fix your problem, wait for the author to get back to you here.
(Like maybe subscribe to this thread if you haven't already.)

Last edited by knc1; 08-22-2017 at 09:19 PM.
knc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:28 PM   #1443
restinginlove
Junior Member
restinginlove began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Colorado
Device: Kobo Glo HD & Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
No, those are not relegated.

The only CM version that supports 5.8.10 is a few posts above, at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1440
Is that the one you just tried?
Yes, that is the one I just tried. Before I got the unexpected error (with 5.8.9 patched version), and when I tried the one in the first post of the thread, I also got the "firmware unsupported" message as well.

Quote:
Has any of your fingers (or toes) been even close to the "Reset" selection?
No!

Quote:
Did you see any messages on your screen when the new firmware version booted for the first time from the bridge code?
Um, something may have flashed on the bottom but I don't remember what it was. It wasn't an error or anything like that?

Quote:
Try installing this package:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...69&postcount=5
It is probably not needed in your case, but will do no harm to let it re-install things.
BIG, BOLD, NOTE:
The above package is an exception to the "must use MrPI" rule.
You can put it in the topmost level of visible USB storage (unplug) and use UYK menu selection to install it.
(You can also 'boot into it' - which wasn't intended, but then that package is very new in its development - so we are not sure if that is a bug or a feature.)

Meanwhile, I'll look at the code changes posted and see if it is something as simple as not changing the message.
* * *
I don't see any changes that would have updated the firmware supported message.
That does not mean the author missed doing it, it just means I didn't find it.

If my suggestions above don't fix your problem, wait for the author to get back to you here.
(Like maybe subscribe to this thread if you haven't already.)
I have MrPI but I used the UYK method to install that linked package, and am still getting "Unsupported Firmware." I will subscribe to thread updates in the meantime. Thank you!
restinginlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:53 AM   #1444
ADambi
Member
ADambi began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 24
Karma: 34
Join Date: Aug 2014
Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
Should work on anything from 5.1.0 to 5.8.10 (except 5.6.1).
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0020-AdapterConfiguration-for-5.8.10.patch.zip (882 Bytes, 23 views)
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (658.6 KB, 25 views)
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #1445
restinginlove
Junior Member
restinginlove began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Colorado
Device: Kobo Glo HD & Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADambi View Post
Should work on anything from 5.1.0 to 5.8.10 (except 5.6.1).
It works! Thank you!
restinginlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kindle touch hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Troubleshooting Books from collections are visible apart from the collections splitloop Amazon Kindle 3 07-08-2012 01:03 PM
ES File Explorer, Astro File Manager or File Manager HD? DreamWriter Android Devices 15 04-05-2012 03:00 PM
Importing Collections - Only original collections?? kuklachica Amazon Kindle 6 01-20-2012 03:39 PM
File manager and collections creator for PRS-505 igorsk Sony Reader 19 02-12-2009 05:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.