Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-05-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Any MapleRead Users Here?

If so, I'd like to get some tips on ways to use it and Calibrè together. I'm particularly interested in getting series books to work under MapleRead's Author+Series sorting option.

Unfortunately there isn't a MapleRead sub-forum yet here in the E-Book Software forum, so I had to post this in the Calibrè sub-forum.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I do not use it, but if you tell us what MapleRead wants to see, I may be able to help you tell calibre how to do that.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I was concerned because I had added 4 books of a 5 book series (I was missing book 3). When I added them, even though the sorting was set to Author+Series, MapleRead (MR) sorted them Author+Title, ignoring the series sequence. Today I was able to get Books 3, edited the series metadata on it and imported it into MR. However, it did not affect the sorting. I ended up deleting all the books from MR and then imported them all at once. This seems to have worked, but I'm wondering what will happen when/if book 6 comes out.

In Calibrè, what I did was in the metadata editing, I gave the series a name then in the box to the right, I numbered each title in sequence: 1.00, 2.00, etc. Does that sound like the proper procedure?
Old 09-05-2016, 11:13 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Does MapleRead support calibre's series metadata? There is no Dublin Core specification for series, unfortunately... so calibre uses its own namespace.
I assume it does, since resending apparently worked.

As for why it initially did not work, I don't know. The EPUBs themselves shouldn't be any different, no matter how many times you resend them.

How dd you transfer them anyway -- I assume through the Content Server?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:30 PM   #5
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

I really don't know as I just found MapleRead in the iOS App Store while looking for an iBooks replacement. It used to be called "BookMaster", I believe.

It has its own built in WiFi upload using a web browser on your computer, plus it can get books from iTunes, OPDS Catalogs at websites. Oh, MR can be made an OPDS server
Advert
Old 09-06-2016, 10:52 PM   #6
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
@romad - See here for a response.
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote