Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 03:55 AM   #61
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
My hubby wasn't giving me permission but tired of me whining about not knowing which one to buy
I doubt it's so much permission as courtesy. When you share expenses with a spouse or significant other it's a simple courtesy to discuss certain purchases. I had a similar discussion last year w/my boyfriend last summer and its not so much that I needed his permission to get the Sony 600, but I did feel like I needed a sounding board. He said I was acting like an addict the way I was jonesing for a 3rd reader in as many months! I assured him that I only liked Sony readers and I wasn't interested in the 900 coming out. I must admit, my cravings for the new reader weren't dissimilar to a person addicted to say, shopping. After I assured him that I would be cured once I got my hands on the 600, he said, "Well, I've been thinking about buying you something special anyway."

Now I feel a little guilty because of all my readers, I like my Sony 600 the least and want to buy the 650. If I had spent my own personal money on it and dumped it for the new one, I'd be okay with it. Since it was a gift from my beau, I'm starting to feel a little guilty about wanting to sell the 600 and get the 650. The only reason I'd sell the 600 is because I know I won't use it once I have the 650 and at least it'll absorb some of the cost/guilt of getting the 650... Maybe.

This is how I know I have an issue. I'm thinking about replacing the 600 w/ the 650 and not say anything, so he'll think it's the one he bought for me last year. It just feels so... wrong! I think I should wait a few months, and if I still really, really want one, then I'll get it, but in ruby red like my 505.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #62
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
My e-reading addiction is cheap, compared with my shoe habit, lol.
Isn't that the truth! When I moved to the sub tropics 4 years ago, I thought that my shoe budget would go down. What I learned is that you can, indeed, buy flip flops that cost over $100 and you should if you want great support.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert