Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-17-2021, 04:32 PM   #1
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
Is there a setting within Calibre that will change Collections on a Kindle DXG

I have a Kindle DXG and for as long as Ive owned it if I am reading a book from within a collection the current collection will always be on the first page of the collections.

Currently I have about 5 pages of created collections with anywhere from 1 to about 50 books in them. When I opened a collection from any of those 5 pages it would force that collection to page 1 and move the rest of them down the list.

For whatever reason its stopped doing that and the most recent collection keeps inserting itself on page 5. Ive tried a hard reset and nothing and am wondering if there is a setting within Calibre that I may have activated to make my Kindle do this.

The next step is a full wipe and reset but due to the nature of the older firmware its a real PITA to create collections and put all the books back. ANy help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Jack Torrance; 09-17-2021 at 04:39 PM.
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Newer Kindles don't let Calibre create collections at all.

The most recent official DXG FW is the ancient 2.5.8, I think. Possibly due to a lack of RAM as the older KK3 has better and newer FW.

There is no Calibre setting that affects this. A setting (or DXG clock & date) is wrong on the Kindle. I have a DXG and it's a pain when the battery goes flat. I ought to get the USB networking installed so I can set the time & date directly, otherwise it takes about a day on the GSM/3G.
I was able to Jailbreak, but I found the USB network install confusing, there seemed to be only a DX version.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-18-2021 at 07:28 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert