Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #31
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
iPad has really good user controls.
And Apple always requires a password for a purchase.

Amazon, are you listening?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #32
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

Yeah. Doesnt help when I'm a sucker & the kids say, daddy will you put your password in. Lol.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Yeah. Doesnt help when I'm a sucker & the kids say, daddy will you put your password in. Lol.
Awww
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #34
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Nope. The bookshelf shows what's on the cloud (thus, all books purchased on our family's Amazon account), not just what's been downloaded to this particular Fire.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #35
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You dummy! Don't you know that you can set up a PIN number for app purchases? How did you ever get to be a moderator?

Yes, I discovered a few minutes ago that you can set up a pin for that device as well as set up parental controls. When I then tried to purchase a comic in the Comix app, the pin screen popped up. This is good.

Unfortunately, all the books you've purchased are still available for downloading without the PIN, and I'm not sure my ex-daughter-in-law wants my grandson reading Fanny Hill.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-18-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You dummy! Don't you know that you can set up a PIN number for app purchases? How did you ever get to be a moderator?

Yes, I discovered a few minutes ago that you can set up a pin for that device as well as set up parental controls. When I then tried to purchase a comic in the Comix app, the pin screen popped up. This is good.

Unfortunately, all the books you've purchase are still available for downloading without the PIN, and I'm not sure I want my ex-daughter-in-law wants my grandson reading Fanny Hill.
Darn I was coming here to post about it! I saw the new Parental controls this morning on my phone. So it's possible we will soon see it other places I think.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #37
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Did that just start today?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Did that just start today?
No yesterday when I got an update for the app store. I was just too busy here to see if anything was new till this morning before bed.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #39
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Sorry. I'm confused. Are there now parental controls for the Kindle Fire?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Sorry. I'm confused. Are there now parental controls for the Kindle Fire?
Only for purchasing apps currently.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Hopefully Parental Controls for reading material and videos is in the works.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #42
TheLost
TheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Only for purchasing apps currently.
Awesome news!
TheLost is offline   Reply With Quote