Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-30-2023, 04:25 PM   #76
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is a 100% rereading book supposed to stay in the rereading section? The statistics show the correct numbers.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 05:29 PM   #77
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
This is how it works for now. @Comfy.n also asked me about this.
I was thinking maybe keep on the 'Rereading' shelf while reading, and then migrate to the 'Read' shelf, keeping the counter.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2023, 06:07 PM   #78
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moving it to the 'read' shelf (perhaps keeping the colour to differentiate) would make sense to me, too.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:52 AM   #79
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

New bug in the latest stable version: I have two books with two 100% entries that can't be deleted. This results in them to appear as rereading (x1). These are books that I finished in the version before.

Spoiler:
Code:
    "8276": {
      "authors": [
        "Marjorie Wilkins Campbell"
      ],
      "date": {
        "__class__": "datetime.datetime",
        "__value__": "2023-08-29T06:49:55+00:00"
      },
      "genre": "Canada, History",
      "last_year_pages": 0,
      "page_count": 176,
      "read_pages": 176,
      "records": {
        "2": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-28T00:53:20+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 146,
          "status": 83
        },
        "3": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-28T11:55:16.687177+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 162,
          "status": 92
        },
        "5": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-29T06:49:55.789943+00:00"
          },
          "status": 100
        },
        "6": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-29T06:49:55+00:00"
          },
          "status": 100
        }
      },
      "reread_count": 1,
      "shelf": "Rereading",
      "status": 100,
      "title": "The Nor'westers",
      "title_sort": "Nor'westers, The"
    },

I think this may be caused by my 'mark as read/abandoned' Action Chain:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-31 02_00_19-Add actions.png
Views:	63
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	203463

I did notice some duplicate entries - my 'set percent read' chain also changes #lastread and #percentread. It hasn't happened in this release though. (I deleted a few - I think that's why 1 and 4 are missing from the records in the json.)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-31-2023 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-31-2023, 01:34 AM   #80
autolo
autolo began at the beginning.

Device: Android S5
I suspect my Action Chain for finishing a book are the cause of my similar error (books seen as re-reading instead of finished). Posting a screenshot of that one as well to help with troubleshooting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Action Chain.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	203465  
autolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2023, 06:18 AM   #81
Springbok
Enthusiast
Springbok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I experience the same issue with book appearing in the rereading section.

The problem is rather easy to recreate - it happens every time when you modify the completion date (after the previous edit). Any modification inceases the read book counter of the Reading goal plugin. After playing with this field the shelf shows that I read the book 4 times. It just happens that Action Chain completion action also deals with this field.

Personally I don't care that much about the separate shelf "ReReading" and it seems that there is more hussle with it then the real value coming out of it. It is difficult to differantiate whether the book is read for first time or the second, third etc.

But obviously Terisa may have different view on this subject and I respect that.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:50 AM   #82
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, Guys.

Looks like your chains are changing the reading progress (or date) twice.

But this should not be a problem. There is indeed a bug in my code. When adding new records it checks if it isn't the same as before, but there is a catch: it compares the record as whole (date and percentage). Since the date changes (even a few milliseconds, as happened to @ownedbycats), then it looks like a new record. I'll fix this.

About the rereading, I like being able to differentiate and keep a record of rereadings. This is something I always missed when syncing my readings.

Sorry for the mess, but it will be fixed.
Old 08-31-2023, 07:04 AM   #83
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Maybe separate 'Rereading' and 'Reread' sections? If this is done, I'd prefer to group Reading/Rereading and Read/Reread together; it's a lbit annoying scrolling down past all my read books to get to the re-readings.
Old 08-31-2023, 07:18 AM   #84
Springbok
Enthusiast
Springbok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thiago
Wouldn't be safer to add an extra user action allowing him/her to mark the record as the book reread? This way the user controls the situation rather than the system.
The design based on assumption that every change to completion date means that the book has been read again may lead to some unexpected results.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 07:19 AM   #85
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Maybe separate 'Rereading' and 'Reread' sections? If this is done, I'd prefer to group Reading/Rereading and Read/Reread together; it's a lbit annoying scrolling down past all my read books to get to the re-readings.
Sorry, I didn't understand. Could you elaborate that?

This is how I was planning to do:

1) Position the 'Rereading' shelf just after the 'Reading' shelf
2) Keep the book there just while the reading progress is less than 100%
3) Move the finished books to the 'Read' shelf keeping the reread count
Old 08-31-2023, 07:25 AM   #86
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Thiago
Wouldn't be safer to add an extra user action allowing him/her to mark the record as the book reread? This way the user controls the situation rather than the system.
I'd rather have it automated, really.

Quote:
The design based on assumption that every change to completion date means that the book has been read again may lead to some unexpected results.
The change to the date bumping up the reread count is a bug. It will be fixed.

The trigger for the reread are only two:
- When the book is added in two different years
- When the book has another record past 100%

The last one has a bug right now, like I explained. But I'll fix it.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:05 AM   #87
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
But obviously Terisa may have different view on this subject and I respect that.
About rereading, what I care is that I can add the same books to different years. If it's marked as reread (not rereading ) or in the same list than read, is the same for me.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:08 AM   #88
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thiago
I prefer automatic mark... specially because I'll mainly be reading it in different years.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:09 AM   #89
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
1) Position the 'Rereading' shelf just after the 'Reading' shelf
2) Keep the book there just while the reading progress is less than 100%
3) Move the finished books to the 'Read' shelf keeping the reread count
I like it.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:59 AM   #90
autolo
autolo began at the beginning.

Device: Android S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I like it.
Seems like a good way to do it for me as well.
autolo is offline   Reply With Quote