Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 02:20 PM   #16
bojidar_n
bojidar_n began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Hello, everyone. Is there someone who still has image for Kobo Mini?
Thank you in advance.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:05 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #18
parasoar
parasoar began at the beginning.

Just joined
I have bought a Kobo Mini and want to use it with XCSoar
I started the Kobo and synced it having created a Kobo account - it says it has all the updates for it.
I downloaded win32diskimager and took the micro SD card from the Kobo Mini and put it into my pc in a micro SD adapter
I keep being asked to format the micro SD card in order to use it but I think this will wipe whats on it
The disk imager cant see the card and my computer doesnt recognise the file extension.
I would like to take a full image of the micro SD card in case i corrupt the card trying to load XC Soar onto it.

What am I doing wrong ?
Old 05-19-2017, 09:48 AM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are not doing anything wrong. The SD card has three partitions on it in different file systems. Windows cannot handle this and prompts you to "fix" it. When you put the card into the PC, dismiss the Windows prompt, start win32diskimager and use it to create an image of the card.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #20
parasoar
parasoar began at the beginning.

davidfor

Many thanks - thats now worked
I had opened the diskimager before putting in the adapter
Advert
Old 05-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #21
ershovks
ershovks began at the beginning.

Hello! Could you send a SD image, please?
Old 05-26-2017, 10:55 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:01 AM   #23
ivaren
ivaren began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Hi!
I am new here. Just bought a mini on e-bay. My intension is also to install a paraglider flying program. Unfortunately the sd card was missing!!? Seller does not reply. Can someone please supply me a image? Many thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:42 AM   #25
ahray
ahray began at the beginning.

Hi, I am new here too. I recently got the Kobo Mini, but it seems the SD image is corrupted. It reboot itself endlessly. So, I hope you can also pm me the SD image to fix it. Thanks for your help. My device is N705.

Last edited by ahray; 06-25-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

Have you tried a factory reset? The method is the same as for the Glo HD, so see https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD and try the last one.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:25 AM   #27
ahray
ahray began at the beginning.

Yes, you are right. I cannot find the manual factory reset until I read your reply. Yes, just folow glo_HD's method, the mini is back! Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent. But...

Have you tried a factory reset? The method is the same as for the Glo HD, so see https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD and try the last one.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #28
gtakevin
gtakevin began at the beginning.

Device: N705
recently updated my Kobo n705 after not using it for a few years, now it won't boot. When I poke the reset button, the screen flashes on and off.

I think I need an SD image, if I can kindly get a link to one, many thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

Have you done a factory reset during the start? Try the last method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Mini.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #30
ivaren
ivaren began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
I am wondering about the serial no. Mine has one more digit than the dummy no. Should it work without the serial no? ( I am having problems)
Closed Thread