Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #61
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
I done several valuable features and bug fixes in CR3, so, if you'd like I could send you a pull request..
Yes, after you've found the problem with the sub directories, please send a pull request.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #62
Tsukasa
Tsukasa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by acajac View Post
Could you let me know where I can find the instruction?
https://github.com/bhaak/HackedUpReader

Section Controls
and varnie's post post about installing his version

varnie
, new version opens books in subfolders and you dont say about one thing it remember last book and opens it on starting CR3
great work!
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #63
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
a bug for varnie's last version: go to page dialog shows an empty page. But still I can enter numbers by pressing some regions on this empty page. (same with the menu for the numbers 1-8, left part of the bottom is "9"and and the right part is "0" .to enter the input press the upper part.)

Last edited by thomass; 03-17-2012 at 09:35 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #64
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
a bug for varnie's last version: go to page dialog shows an empty page.
The page dialog will only show anything if the book has chapters.

But you can still enter any page number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
But still I can enter numbers by pressing some regions on this empty page. (same with the menu for the numbers 1-8, left part of the bottom is "9"and and the right part is "0" .to enter the input press the upper part.)
That's a quirk due to the simple remapping of the touch events. When in a menu, a touch event gets mapped to 1-8, a touch in the header gets mapped to "Ok" and in the footer, it gets mapped to 9 or 0.

It's a bit hard to remap a keyboard design onto a touch interface. This is the reason why I call it "preliminary" and "until something better comes along".

Although I have an idea how to do distinguish short and long "clicks". That would get us a few more commands to use (for example to make the bookmark list usable).
Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #65
VAshot
VAshot began at the beginning.

Quote:
So, for those who would like to attempt my approach, here are some brief instructions:
  1. download the archive from https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpReader/downloads and extract it directly into /mnt/us/cr3xcb
  2. follow the instructions for my simple GUI Launcher extension: https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpReaderLauncher
  3. now you should be able to invoke HackedUpReader from the Launcher menu
Hey.

A. Uploaded via USB Coolreader.
Two. Added the menu.
Three. Restart and Run.

Nothing happens. Zero response. There is an assumption?

JailBreak. Firmware 5.0.4
VAshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #66
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAshot View Post
A. Uploaded via USB Coolreader.
ensure that you have the following file : cr3xcb/bin/cr3
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #67
VAshot
VAshot began at the beginning.

I'm sorry. I downloaded a little wrong build
Everything is working.
VAshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #68
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I made a few updates.
From now all the bookmarks-related files (*.bmk.txt) get stored automatically into /mnt/us/cr3xcb/bookmarks folder. No need to create it manually, it will be added on demand.
There was the related bug causing adding zero-bytes bookmarks files in the /mnt/us/documents folder. (see Tsukasa's posts). It is fixed now.

To make debugging easier I put the appropriate settings into the crlog.ini file, which is now bundled with the archive.

Apart from that, I made a tiny change. Our ports (bhaak's one and mine) use exactly the same CR3 engine (v. 3.0.55-39). This info can be found in the About dialog. Since we make many changes asynchronously, soon it will become difficult to distinguish between the available binaries. So the quick solution is to output the build date in that dialog window. It is printed in the last row of the table there. For example, my latest build has the 'Mar 18 2012' timestamp.
(it is just a quick solution until I pull a request to bhaak.)

Now back to the broken things:
"Go to page", "Search dialog", "Go to percent" options are still broken

That's all for now

Last edited by varnie; 03-18-2012 at 03:25 AM.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #69
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
@ bhaak & varnie

I hope you're going to merge and coordinate your efforts, since you're doing a great job. Thank you!!!

I've updated my unofficial installation (almost) step by step guide at page 4. Let me know if it can be useful if I keep it up-to-date.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #70
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I sent the pull request to bhaak.

As for the "Goto xxx" dialogs, I guess we can reimplement them in the other way:
they can be alike any Menu dialogs (say, "Open recent book" or "Open book" etc).
For example, each such dialog item will hold "+5" value (pages, percents, whatever).
The inconvenience is that it will be hard to move to, say, 850th page in the book.
It will require to press ">" button 21 times (i.e. 850 / (5*8) ) and after that to press the second item (+5 * 2) finally.
And of course, it won't be possible to move to the 31% position, or to the 212th page.

Such solution would work but it sucks.

Another solution is to tune the Search dialog for our needs.

Last edited by varnie; 03-18-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #71
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
@ bhaak & varnie

I hope you're going to merge and coordinate your efforts, since you're doing a great job. Thank you!!!
Thanks. The next will include varnie's changes. Probably some time during this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
I've updated my unofficial installation (almost) step by step guide at page 4. Let me know if it can be useful if I keep it up-to-date.
I've been trying to create a standard update package today. So the installation steps will get easier.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #72
varnie
Connoisseur

I have fresh ideas about how to reimplement entering search text in the Search dialog and maybe the others. I will try to do that soon.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #73
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

Quote:
I have fresh ideas about how to reimplement entering search text in the Search dialog and maybe the others. I will try to do that soon.
Sounds great
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #74
bhaak
Groupie

varnie, while doing some changes for the next release, I noticed that going directly to the recent book doesn't work as expected.

When repeatedly closing hackedupreader via "close application" and letting it open the most recent book, it switches between the last 2 read books. Are you seeing that, too?

That might be due to the crash we're seeing when closing the application, but I haven't tracked it down yet.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #75
varnie
Connoisseur

yes, I noticed that just today.
I look forward to investigating the problem.

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons