Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
gpstrucker
Wandering Geek
gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300 Sony PRS-600
I Really Like The 600

I've been using a PRS-300 for a little while now but after learning of some of the additional features of the 600 I wanted one. I was especially wanting the ability to expand the storage as well as wanting the touchpad features including hand-writing notes.

As I am stranded in a motel due to an engine break-down in my truck I took a cab to a local mall and picked up the 600 at a Best Buy today, along with a light cover for it.

I've spent the day and evening playing around with it and reading it, and I love it. A simple finger swipe across the screen to turn the page is great, and I can really use the hand-written notes function on the job.

I stuck a 4GB card into the device which greatly increases the storage space. For me that's a great thing as the 300 didn't even come close to storing all of the ebooks I have. With the added storage space the 600 stores them all with ample room to spare.

The ability to play music files while I read is a very big plus for me as I often like to listen to classical music while I read, which is something I miss while reading in a truck stop. Trust me, no Bach playing in the truck stop.

All in all, for a single day of testing, the 600 is a huge winner for me.

Oh, and I already have a buyer for my 300.
gpstrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
getting a new $300 toy is certainly one way of turning around a crappy situation!
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Great to know that you're enjoying the 600 and were able to make the break from the 300! It does have a great feature set and form factor. I also listen to music on my Reader. Don't forget to try and grab a reading light if you don't already have one.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
gpstrucker
Wandering Geek
gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
getting a new $300 toy is certainly one way of turning around a crappy situation!
That's one way to look at it.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
gpstrucker
Wandering Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Great to know that you're enjoying the 600 and were able to make the break from the 300! It does have a great feature set and form factor. I also listen to music on my Reader. Don't forget to try and grab a reading light if you don't already have one.
Thank you. I bought the light cover with it. It works great. I was reading in the hotel lounge this evening and the flexible light was great. Perfect reading and a lot of people asking "what is that?"
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Excellent... !!! Good to hear a positive 600 story, and from someone who moved from the 300. I always see it as we are all different, and so the things that fit us are different. It's not a matter of "best" or "worst" or "better"... it's just a matter of what works for you. I wear 32 waist pants, they are not better or worse than the 38's or 28's.... they are just what fit me....

The 300 fits me, but I am so glad there are choices!
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Hey Cole, I like your comparison with pants
Actually, I had a look at a 300 today, and I thought "what a difference the 1" makes".
So as soon as I'm in for a new reader, I'll check out something similar to the 900. Depending on what's on the market by then.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
Yeah, I love my prs 600, too. I loaded a bunch of music on an sd card and sometimes listen while I read. Pretty cool.

New toys are so much fun, aren't they? My husband just got me an ipod touch and I've downloaded the stanza app and a couple of free books so far. I'm sure that the 600 will still be my main reader, but the ipod touch sure is fun!!

Hey, gpstrucker...I recognize your picture from another forum I occasionally visit. Different user name, tho.

Jennifer
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Congratulations! I love my 900.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
I love my 600 too, don't know what I'd do without it. Welcome to the dark side!!
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #11
gpstrucker
Wandering Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefferbea View Post
Hey, gpstrucker...I recognize your picture from another forum I occasionally visit. Different user name, tho.

Jennifer
Oh? Now my curiosity is aroused. Which forum would that be? Knitting, trucking, Linux, pipes, green and yellow spotted space frogs,... geez there are so many!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
In another life, I know you as KnitterGuy. I'd like to see the photo you use in the space frogs forum!! lol
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #13
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
heh.. you forgot http://geotruckers.com what a small world it is.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #14
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I love my 600 too! I put a CD of thunder/rain sounds on mine to listen to while I'm reading.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpstrucker View Post
Oh? Now my curiosity is aroused. Which forum would that be? Knitting, trucking, Linux, pipes, green and yellow spotted space frogs,... geez there are so many!

Gotta be pipes. Big-honkin'-over-the-road-semi-trailer-PIPES!

Last edited by kennyc; 02-21-2010 at 07:43 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote