Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE
Converting makes font changes impossible

I converted some ePub files in order to embed custom covers, but now I can’t change font type or size, or any spacing on the eReader. Is there a way to just embed the cover and not mess with the internal part of the ePub?

It used to work just fine, as older converted ePubs with custom covers still let me change font size without problems. It’s just the newly converted ones giving me problems.

Using calibre 3.41.3 64 bit
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You did not need to convert to Embed just metadata (inc covers). Modify EPUB plugin, Polish (a builtin tool) would have updated the book

I hope you have the originals (a backup copy), because I don't know what other damage, your conversion did.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Polish? I tried going through the edit metadata and added the cover, but when I checked my Kobo the cover images weren’t there. That’s why I decided to convert it.

And yes, I have the original files
Old 06-04-2019, 06:42 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
Polish? I tried going through the edit metadata and added the cover, but when I checked my Kobo the cover images weren’t there. That’s why I decided to convert it.

And yes, I have the original files
To use the Polish Book tool press 'P', or add it to a menu or toolbar.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan

Thank you! I had no idea that feature existed, is it new or has it been there for a while? I deleted all the converted files and used the polish tool to add the covers. Just wish I knew sooner lol.
Advert
Old 06-05-2019, 10:14 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you! I had no idea that feature existed, is it new or has it been there for a while? I deleted all the converted files and used the polish tool to add the covers. Just wish I knew sooner lol.
Been there more (??) than a year. But The Modify EPUB plugin has been around longer.
All these methods do expect the sources that contain existing covers and metadata, have those properly identified (semantics) or you might end up with 'extra pages' (that happen to look like the old cover or jacket )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Places to look for tools you didn't know about ==>> Calibre User Manual: Keyboard shortcuts, the left hand lists in Preferences->Toolbar and menus, the content of Preferences->Shortcuts.

And keep your eye on calibre - What's new. There's a link to that page in the Update available popup. I click there, read it, and then go to the download page - so, there's no surprises and I can take any precautionary steps before installing the new version.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion, epub book cover