Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-01-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Bedurk
Bedurk began at the beginning.

Device: Poke-Pro
Red face Send library to Poke-Pro using calibre column (genres) to create library folders

Hi there,

I recently bought a poke-pro and I am wondering if there is any way to directly send my calibre library to the device using a column from calibre to automatically create folders or 'bookshelves' on the device, rather as the 'kindle collections' plugin does?

If anyone out there has any idea how to achieve this I'd be very grateful. No idea how to code myself and whether or not this would be a difficult thing to do.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bedurk; 01-01-2019 at 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Bedurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Hello,

Yes, you can and I did it, using some "conduit" inside Calibre. I sent all my books (and later my music scores) on a tree like Books/<author-name>/<file-name>, but you can do it more complicated, using book-serie for example.

You must first start Calibre then connect your Poke or Max to the PC, then a new menu entry appears (Preferences and/or Peripheral ?) where you can customise where you want to put your files and with wich tree structure. Caution, Calibre scans the Poke for books already on it : it may take time ...

In Preferences / Share, click on "send books to peripherals", then adapt ! I put "{author_sort[0]}/{authors}/{title}" for the books and removed the first part for the scores.

In the bar, another button appeared : "Peripheral", there you can customise the name of the file ("{title} - {authors}" for me) and where you want to put all the structure : remove the list and enter the head directory.

Good luck, (it's not very easy the first time(s))
Denis
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Try at first to transfer a few files, on a dedicated test directory
Old 01-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
Bedurk
Bedurk began at the beginning.

Device: Poke-Pro
Thanks Denis,

I managed to do it so that the books are filed as I want them. So if I access them from the 'storage' tab on the Poke device it is all fine. I still can't figure out how to get them to automatically display the same way in the 'library' tab. Any thoughts? Ideally the boox would create it's bookshelves based on the filing. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Francis
Bedurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
DenisR
Connoisseur

Hello,

I don't use the 'Library' for different reasons, but I fear that it's "tree" of subdir is a logical one, and that it is defined in some database.
Onyx has still not told how to import some hundreds of books and dispatch them in a tree you create in the same time - or in advance.

I use FX as file manager to select the books / scores I want to open. You can have several "tabs" opened in FX on different directories (and you can split the screen).
Advert

Tags
calibre, library management, onyx, poke-pro, send to device