Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
Deleting pictures-how?

Just realized I have 63 pictures on my Sony 505 reader and I only put one there....the grandkids. Seems my reader is storing the cover picture of all the books I download onto my reader. The pictures are still there from books I've deleted from my reader and I can't figure out how to get rid of them! Can anyone help me? TIA
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
hopkinsenglish
Connoisseur
hopkinsenglish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Are you using the Sony Reader software?
hopkinsenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
A thread which sounds similar is posted here.

I think I just deleted the unwanted thumbnails. I like to use the thumbnail view on my PRS-700 so I kept the ones I wanted.

I haven't had to clean up this file lately so maybe some kind up update has taken care of it.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
I use Calibre but I went into Adobe and Sony Reader trying to delete these pics. I saw them in Adobe (thumbnails) but couldn't figure out how to delete them? This is strange. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow for two weeks, will check back here when I return, maybe someone can help me. Thanks
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
This may be a long shot, but have you ever, even just once, used the Save to Disk option in Calibre? (If not, ignore.) Save to Disk, if left on its default settings, will export book cover images to the Reader, whereas Send to Device won't.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
A thread which sounds similar is posted here.

I think I just deleted the unwanted thumbnails. I like to use the thumbnail view on my PRS-700 so I kept the ones I wanted.

I haven't had to clean up this file lately so maybe some kind up update has taken care of it.
I had this same issue on my PRS-505 too back when the ability to read EPUBs was new. It was quite frustrating to figure out why I had so many cover images. I am pretty sure it was due to something I did in calibre when I was still learning to use it and was experimenting with settings. I recall that I deleted the thumbnails as recommended in the thread you have linked to and that fixed the problem.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote