Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #1
danielk1591
danielk1591 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad X
change of koreader menu fonts

I have fun translating or completing koreader's menus with Hosted Weblate.
I would also like to change some fonts to improve the aesthetics of the various menu layouts. This change does not work with a copy paste. Is it possible to change the fonts?
danielk1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Changing stuff for yourself is pretty easy. The function
Code:
Font:getFace(font, size, faceindex)
uses a font face & size maps: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...t.lua#L39-L104

You just need to replace the font faces & sizes on each Font:getFace() invokation you'll want to change.

Submitting changes upstream is harder, as you need to reach consensus.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not that said fontmap can be overridden (via a `fontmap` table in the settings), no need to carry a patch .

https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L196-L203
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 03:54 AM   #4
danielk1591

Hello, after a nightly update my custom fonts have gone in favor of the original fonts. Koreader, moreover very pleasant to use, is quite locked.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:43 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I invite you to actually read my previous message.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2021, 12:19 PM   #6
danielk1591

sorry but, not being an English speaker, I do not understand the meaning of your message translated with google

Bonjour NiLuJe,
Could you tell me more about how to save my custom fonts after updating koreader?
I guess it's the yellow highlighted part of 'koreader / reader.lua' that needs to be changed but I don't know how.
thanks in advance

Last edited by danielk1591; 05-26-2021 at 03:43 AM.