Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-29-2021, 12:58 PM   #1576
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I LOVE his work, and have read almost everything by him and have all his important work. I highly recommend the expensive, but necessary 5-volume set from Nighthade. (I only have the ebook set.)

I didn't know about the connection to that film. I'll have to check that out.

A big THANK YOU!
Looks like Night Shade has done affordable trade pb editions of the full Hodgson set.
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:21 PM   #1577
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
Looks like Night Shade has done affordable trade pb editions of the full Hodgson set.

Thank you. I'll check that out, too.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2021, 12:33 PM   #1578
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
The Haunted by Bentley Little is $2.99 at Amazon US.

I haven't read The Haunted yet, but I do recommend Bentley Little. He can be hit or miss, but his hits are great and (so far) his misses are few.

Quote:
Julian and Claire Perry and their two children, Megan and James, have made the move to a bigger, nicer home in their city's historic district. But something isn't right.

The neighbors seem reluctant to visit. Claire can't shake the feeling that someone is watching her. Megan receives increasingly menacing and obscene texts. And James is having terrible dreams. No wonder, considering what he's seen in the corner of the basement, staring at him and shuffling closer ever so slowly.

Pity no one warned the family about the house. Now it's too late. Because the darkness at the bottom of the stairs is rising....
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 12:31 PM   #1579
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Joe Hill: Heart-Shaped Box, 20th Century Ghosts, Horns, and NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - $3.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVIBX2U

Another buck a book bundle.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:51 PM   #1580
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Joe Hill: Heart-Shaped Box, 20th Century Ghosts, Horns, and NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - $3.99

Great deal. Grabbed it.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2021, 02:51 PM   #1581
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post

I was coming to share the same deal.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:59 PM   #1582
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Ring Shout by P. Djèlí Clark is $2.99 at Amazon US. (It's a smile link, sorry guys.) Demonic Klansmen. Might be a good companion to Lovecraft Country.

I've not yet read Clark, but he's won or was a finalist for a slew of awards.

Ring Should is a novella at 172 pages (I remember when 172 pages was a sci-fi novel).

Quote:
IN AMERICA, DEMONS WEAR WHITE HOODS.

In 1915, The Birth of a Nation cast a spell across America, swelling the Klan's ranks and drinking deep from the darkest thoughts of white folk. All across the nation they ride, spreading fear and violence among the vulnerable. They plan to bring Hell to Earth. But even Ku Kluxes can die.

Standing in their way is Maryse Boudreaux and her fellow resistance fighters, a foul-mouthed sharpshooter and a Harlem Hellfighter. Armed with blade, bullet, and bomb, they hunt their hunters and send the Klan's demons straight to Hell. But something awful's brewing in Macon, and the war on Hell is about to heat up.

Can Maryse stop the Klan before it ends the world?
Old 04-06-2021, 10:26 AM   #1583
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Best of Richard Matheson (Penguin Classics) is $4.99 at Amazon US.

Even if Matheson's name doesn't ring a bell, you've heard of his stories. Several were adapted in to famous Twilight Zone and Night Gallery episodes and movies.

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet: A paranoid passenger sees a man on the wing of the plane.
Duel: A deranged semi-driver hunts a traveler on a lonely stretch of desert road.
Button, Button: A couple is given a box with a button. If they push the button, someone they do not know will die and they will receive $50,000.
Prey: An African fetish doll comes to life and stalks a woman in her apartment.

$4.99 is pricey for a 'deal', but Matheson is worth it. If you already have the collections Duel and Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, you may already have most of the stories in this collection. If not, this is a nice single collection.

Quote:
Among the greats of 20th-century horror and fantasy, few names stand above Richard Matheson. Though known by many for novels like I Am Legend and his sixteen Twilight Zone episodes, Matheson truly shines in his chilling, masterful short stories. Since his first story appeared in 1950, virtually every major writer of science fiction, horror, and fantasy has fallen under his influence, including Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Peter Straub, and Joe Hill, as well as filmmakers like Stephen Spielberg and J.J. Abrams. Matheson revolutionized horror by taking it out of Gothic castles and strange cosmos and setting it in the darkened streets and suburbs we recognize as our own. He infused tales of the fantastic and supernormal with dark explorations of human nature, delving deep into the universal dread of feeling alone and threatened in a dangerous world. The Best of Richard Matheson brings together his greatest hits as chosen by Victor LaValle, an expert on horror fiction and one of its brightest talents, marking the first major overview of Matheson's legendary career.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:54 AM   #1584
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Ah, I missed the Ring Shout price drop, thanks! I think that both it and the Matheson collection should be cross-posted in the SFF forum.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:02 PM   #1585
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
Ah, I missed the Ring Shout price drop, thanks! I think that both it and the Matheson collection should be cross-posted in the SFF forum.
Yeah, I thought of that. But I posted while I was at work

I haven't read Ring Shout. It seems like it would probably fit either.

Matheson, I primarily think of as a horror author, though I know he straddles horror and fantasy.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:16 AM   #1586
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
The Tooth Fairy by Graham Joyce is $0.99 on Amazon.com
Quote:
This classic novel the winner of the British Fantasy Award, tells the story of young Sam who wakes one night to find the Tooth Fairy in his room. She is not the gentle figure of childhood legend, but a frightening and malevolent presence. As Sam grows from a boy to a teenager he and his friends seem like any normal group of boys. They roam wild around the outskirts of their car factory city having fun, daring adults to challenge their freedom. But Sam continues to be visited by the fairy. Is the fairy real or is she just some part of his tortured imagination and if she is, how far is she to blame for the terrible events that are to follow?
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:28 AM   #1587
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The Best of Richard Matheson (Penguin Classics) is $4.99 at Amazon US.

Even if Matheson's name doesn't ring a bell, you've heard of his stories. Several were adapted in to famous Twilight Zone and Night Gallery episodes and movies.
Didn't realise he was a Horror writer! I associate him with Somewhere in Time, a time travel Romance.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:47 AM   #1588
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Didn't realise he was a Horror writer! I associate him with Somewhere in Time, a time travel Romance.
He was one of the big 3 (or was it 4?) major contributors who wrote for the old Twilight Zone series with Rod Serling.

Charles Beaumont was another writer from that group.

In fact, I would recommend ANY short story by Beaumont.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #1589
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
The Ruins by Scott Smith is currently $1.99 at Amazon US and Kobo.

Quote:
Two young couples are on a lazy Mexican vacation – sun-drenched days, drunken nights, making friends with fellow tourists. When the brother of one of those friends disappears, they decide to venture into the jungle to look for him. What started out as a fun day-trip slowly spirals into a nightmare when they find an ancient ruins site . . . and the terrifying presence that lurks there.
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:54 AM   #1590
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
See, and I associate him with I Am Legend, Duel, Trilogy of Terror, Stir of Echoes. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, Hell House, Roger Corman's Poe movies and the first two Kolchak: The Night Stalker movies. He also has a story/Twilight Zone episode (Little Girl Lost) that very closely resembles Poltergeist.