Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-11-2021, 09:24 PM   #1
olopocram
olopocram began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
How to export contents list (Poke 2) ?

Hello,

Is there a way to export a list of all the books on a Poke 2 ?

If I connect mine to my PC, I can see the folders ('Books', 'Fonts', 'WifiTransfer'...) but I cannot find a way to export a list of their contents.

I tried the usual methods for doing so on Win7 but none works.

If anyone has a tip...

Thanks to all

(Sorry in advance if the answer is already somewhere on this forum, I checked around but could not find it.)
olopocram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:03 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
What are you looking for exactly?
A list of files: pg100.epub, dex.pdf, intro.txt
A list of titles: "War & Peace", "Dead Souls", "Heidi"
Full metadata: "Rebecca", "Daphne du Maurier", 1938, 9780316323703

Do you have ADB working?
It's always useful. I prefer it over any other interaction.
Code:
C:\>adb shell ls -1 /sdcard/Books
pg1.epub
pg2.epub
pg3.epub
Depending on what library app you are using you can query or extract the database of book metadata.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:40 PM   #3
olopocram

Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
What are you looking for exactly?
A list of files: pg100.epub, dex.pdf, intro.txt
Yes, that's what I'd like.

Quote:
Do you have ADB working?
ADB ? I suppose you mean 'Android Debug Bridge'. I've just looked it up online and it seems like quite a lot of installing for just this one function I need.

I assume there is no easier way to export such a contents list (otherwise you would have mentioned it). I am surprised it is not a standard function in the OS.

Any other workaround ?

Thanks again
Old 06-12-2021, 06:35 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Installing ADB isn't rocket science. Google "minimal ADB".

We all use our own procedures for loading/sideloading/backup/etc.
For me, if a truck ran over one of my devices it would take me under a half hour to unbox a new device and make it the same as the old one.
This is not a raw backup, it would work for any Android device.

I have about 20 of my own apps, 400 books, variable number of library books, 7500 technical reference files, 1500 guitar transcriptions.
I keep this all in directories on my desktop and sync my various devices.
I don't usually read on my phone, but in a pinch my current book, latest song or technical reference for Bluetooth is always there.

ADB is the data highway, ADBSync.exe is my Windows app for syncing (available on my website link).
There's no reason I would make a list of what's on my devices because I already know.

I still don't know what you really want. What will you do with this list anyway?
Either one of these will do.
Code:
C:\>adb shell ls -1 /sdcard/Books > onmypc.txt
Code:
C:\>adb shell "ls -1 /sdcard/Books > /sdcard/onmypoke.txt"
C:\>adb pull /sdcard/onmypoke.txt
Old 06-12-2021, 06:38 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by olopocram View Post
Any other workaround ?
I would try Calibre.
It is also useful for further library management.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:32 AM   #6
olopocram

Quote:
Google "minimal ADB".
I will. Thanks.

Quote:
I still don't know what you really want.
Just a list like :
  • FileNameOfBookOne.epub
  • FileNameOfBookTwo.epub
  • FileNameOfBookThree.epub
  • (...)

Quote:
Either one of these will do (...)
Thanks again
Old 06-12-2021, 09:34 AM   #7
olopocram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I would try Calibre.
Thanks for the idea. I'll try.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:01 PM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk
I would try Calibre.
Thanks for the idea. I'll try.
I tried it with my Likebook P6 and Calibre found 9 books more than I have transferred - books that I have loaded onto the device in some other way.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:07 PM   #9
Renate
Wizard

So you have a list of files.
I'm still unclear of the point.
Will you print the list out and tape it to your refrigerator?
Enquiring minds would like to know!
Old 06-12-2021, 07:26 PM   #10
olopocram

Quote:
Will you print the list out and tape it to your refrigerator? Enquiring minds would like to know!
Actually, that is a possibility... unless I decide to handwrite it with nail polish on the side of the fridge.

I could also share it online for the rest of the world to gaze in awe (there are a couple of books on sarcasm that could interest you).

OR... I would simply have found a way to extract said list when it's not a standard feature of the OS and I'd be happy with this new (trivial) knowledge just for the sake of it. I'm sure enquiring minds would understand that...

Thanks again for your previous answers

Old 06-13-2021, 01:02 AM   #11
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
I would simply have found a way to extract said list when it's not a standard feature of the OS and I'd be happy with this new (trivial) knowledge just for the sake of it. I'm sure enquiring minds would understand that...
Calibre offers not only the possibility to view this list, but also to create an ebook out of it up to 6 parts.