Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #31
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Ela: That was my inital reaction. But on 2nd thought as iRex are intending to resell, if they are also going to provide support they will need a unique identifier for all machines (not just an order number which may be different for different resellers).

And what better than the MAC address?

LT: So true. I'm not in the least upset at their support team. The lady I spoke to wasn't overly technical from what was said (it sounded like she was reading a script). But thats all thats required from a 1st liner. She took my details and is sending me a ticket number so it can be escalated to a 2nd line engineer.

I'll be upset if my ticket email doesn't arrive soonish though.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:05 AM   #32
FGFuzaxx
Enthusiast
FGFuzaxx has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: maybe Iliad ;-)
I think that is a new form of geekness, being not only beta tester for the product and its software, but also for the company and its processes in whole.

I just wonder when they release Company 1.0?

Greetings,
Frank
FGFuzaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2006, 07:07 AM   #33
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
That's true enough, hadn't counted on that.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #34
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

Any update on your Iliad problem Riocaz? I just talked with their Amercan representive about my battery not charging and he said I probably have a faulty battery.

I was curious if they RMA and send you a new one while you send the old one back to them in the same box or if you had to send yours and be without one till they fixed it and shipped it back.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #35
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still waiting for the ticket number so I can send them the mac address.

(and yes I have chased them originally my email address was wrong, now I don't know)
Advert
Old 07-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #36
pitcher23
Zealot

Well due to the time zone difference I am hoping to wake up to an email to which I will reply ASAP. I hope this doesn't become a long and dragged out process. I fully accept that defective devices happen and are a part of life. What I won't accept would be lousy customer service so I am hoping they move fast.

It still drives me nuts that they didn't make this with a user replaceable battery. I would have ordered an extra when I purchased my Iliad.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #37
branko
Connoisseur
branko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enough

Device: Palm Zire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher23
It still drives me nuts that they didn't make this with a user replaceable battery. I would have ordered an extra when I purchased my Iliad.
I seem to remember they said it was because of the shape of the device; the battery was custom made to fit it.

Perhaps you could find a smaller battery that fits?
branko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:24 AM   #38
pitcher23
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko
I seem to remember they said it was because of the shape of the device; the battery was custom made to fit it.

Perhaps you could find a smaller battery that fits?
I wouldn't need to if they were able to allow access to the battery without violating the warranty and sold the same custom size replacements.

The Rocket ebook was the same way. Non user replaceable, but users found a way to replace them after the battery died completely.

Last edited by pitcher23; 07-27-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:29 AM   #39
Riocaz

Finally got a ticket number, no resolution, just the ticket number.]

Apparently, they mistyped by email address wrong _again_. Despite reading it back to me twice, to make sure they had right after the first time.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:29 AM   #40
pitcher23
Zealot

I got the ticket number the first day I contacted them by phone. I can't wait to see the phone bill on that one. I got the number on Fri, so I will give them a day or two to contact me before calling again.

On a side note, does anyone know the return policy on the Iliad? Do they have a 30 day return policy or something. I love the Iliad, but if it gets close to the 30 days before I get any results I would just as soon return it and move on. It may not happen, but I want to be prepared in the event it does.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:29 AM   #41
Tscherno
iLiad Geek
Tscherno began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad #505; Sony T1, Amazon Paperwhite first Gen & sec is coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher23
I got the ticket number the first day I contacted them by phone. I can't wait to see the phone bill on that one. I got the number on Fri, so I will give them a day or two to contact me before calling again.

On a side note, does anyone know the return policy on the Iliad? Do they have a 30 day return policy or something. I love the Iliad, but if it gets close to the 30 days before I get any results I would just as soon return it and move on. It may not happen, but I want to be prepared in the event it does.
Don't think, that they have a policy for that yet... Maybe there is a opportunity with the european law. At least in germany we have two weeks for returning.
Tscherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #42
pitcher23
Zealot

Well, for now, luckily, I don't have to worry about that. Irex contacted me through my email and said they are sending a postage paid box with an included shipping label for me to send my Iliad back for repair. So far, they have acted very prompt and I am impressed. I am hoping the repair only involves installing a new battery and that the turnaround time for me getting my Iliad back is short.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #43
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz
Finally got a ticket number, no resolution, just the ticket number.]

Apparently, they mistyped by email address wrong _again_. Despite reading it back to me twice, to make sure they had right after the first time.
it seems your email will do a good password
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #44
Riocaz

Quote:
Herewith we would like to inform you that your iLiad needs to be returned to our Repair Centre.

In the next few days you will receive a transport box, a return label and shipping instructions.

Please read the shipping instructions carefully and follow the steps and details provided.

Please be informed that in case of a repair out of guarantee, you will be invoiced for the costs of repair and transport. The cost estimation for the repair will be send to you by mail.

Thank you for contacting the iRex Tech Support.
WOOHOO
Old 08-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #45
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
returning works actually quite good. They send via UPS a box just like the one they delivered the iliad in plus a return sticker for UPS.

You call the UPS phone number, tell them you have a return and they come the next day and fetch it whereever you want, (more or less) whenever you want.

They just fetched mine today.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote