Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
New Site - Joy Of iPad

Hi All --
Many of you know me from the Community here which is, I think, the very best all-around ebook-oriented community on the web. I just wanted to let you know that there's a new iPad-specific community at www.joyofipad.com that just went live (with a link I included to Mobileread) a few minutes ago. (I do hope this does not violate any rules here to announce this? I apologize if it does and promise it is the only such that I'll do as my intention is far from being a spammer!)

Some of you may also know me as the guy who ran all of the Apple areas on CompuServe for about 25 years. So opening an area for the iPad is a great deal of fun and fulfillment for me personally. At Joy of iPad we'll be talking about the technical and usage details of Apple's magnificent new platform but one of our goals is kinda unique in that we want to help you fill your iPad. So we have sections to talk generally about Fiction and non-Fiction, about Television and Movies, about Music and the Internet and even Programming.

I hope that this new area will prove to be a very nice supplement to the new iPad Community and that we will be able to help it grow.

-- Neil Shapiro
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I just signed up to the site. There isn't much there yet but it looks real nice.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
I have been using this forum:
http://www.ipad88.com/index.php
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hi Neil!
Do you also write on iPad forums? I'm there as iVan.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Ivan -- I did write a few messages on ipadforums.com once but I have been so busy now with joyofipad.com that I haven't had much of a chance to follow other areas. Had to learn Joomla for the website and ccBoard for the Forums so been studying!
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
Neil
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I just signed up to the site. There isn't much there yet but it looks real nice.
Thanks, Pagansoul! If you have any suggestions let us know!

-- Neil
Old 03-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #7
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Signed up and psyched to experience the joy of iPad!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
It will be interesting to see if there are people so emphatically not wanting to have an iPad, that they will waste everyone's time by posting at Joy of iPad whining about how they don't want an iPad.

I am almost certain such people exist.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #9
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
It will be interesting to see if there are people so emphatically not wanting to have an iPad, that they will waste everyone's time by posting at Joy of iPad whining about how they don't want an iPad.

I am almost certain such people exist.
I find it hard to imagine, but then again, you could be right...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:37 AM   #10
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
I have been using this forum:
http://www.ipad88.com/index.php
This one looks like it was there 1st and already well establish. It's hard to start a dedicated forum for one of the readers, especially if there are multiples. I have the dedicated Sony Reader forum that I started several months ago but you know there was 0 dedicated Sony Reader Forum before I took the plunge.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Hi Ivan -- I did write a few messages on ipadforums.com once but I have been so busy now with joyofipad.com that I haven't had much of a chance to follow other areas. Had to learn Joomla for the website and ccBoard for the Forums so been studying!
Good luck with your site. Hope to see lots of good things there...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Bookmarked.
I also visit macrumors a lot for mac gossip and forums.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:55 AM   #13
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Bookmarked.
Ditto. Don't know if you've seen it, but there's a nice iPad podcast by Scott Bourne and Andy Ihnatko at http://padpundit.com/ - no forum though

Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #14
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Ditto. Don't know if you've seen it, but there's a nice iPad podcast by Scott Bourne and Andy Ihnatko at http://padpundit.com/ - no forum though
Slight irony that the method they offer to listen to it on the site is flash-based.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #15
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Well, there's a non-flash version available too, plus download to iTunes in the usual way - but yes, quite amusing, all things considered...
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote