Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Kindle 1 battery issues, freezing

First, a big thumbs up for Kindle customer support - they were helpful, even though I was out of warranty.

I had about 700 books on my kindle 1. It was running fine, then I lost it. Luckily, I had ordered 2, and my daughter no longer wanted hers, so I took it. I had saved all my books to my computer, so I didn't lose anything (although they weren't neatly in Calibre). But, this kindle was freezing up everytime I added a book, and the battery was lasting only 5 hours with the wireless off. I called Amazon last night, and they had me do a hard reset, and then they urged me to call back quickly if that didn't work, and they would try reindexing it. They urged me not to wait, because I was already out of warranty.

Well, I removed the SD card, and sent 4 books to the kindle. No more freezing, battery seems to be doing well. I guess I put the 700 books on the old kindle a few at a time, and all at once is just too much. Luckily, in the meantime I put everything on Calibre, so choosing what 100 books to put back will be easy!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote