Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Chuck 929
Eye Like e-Ink!
Chuck 929 doesn't litterChuck 929 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
FNG

Greetings from Baltimore,

What? An electric book? You gotta be kidding me. I was skeptical but am now an avid e-reader user. There is nothing like using my 505 on the deck on a bright sunny day.
Chuck 929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi! Welcome! What sort of things do you like to read?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Chuck 929
Eye Like e-Ink!

Whatever is well written. I's still working on my Sony free 100 classics. I bought and am currently reading "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt. Highly recommended.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Many of the free classics offered by Sony are available here at Mobileread as free downloads--without DRM, and better formatted. The BBeB/LRF forum is a terrific resource for new Sony PRS owners!
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Chuck and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a SONY 505 since Jan 08 & really like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
911jason
Zealot
911jason doesn't litter911jason doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra Colour & Kindle Oasis
Greetings from another FNG... former military?
911jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Chuck!

I was recently in Baltimore for the weekend. I love the Inner Harbour and the National Aquarium. You'll have to come to our Northern Virginia next time!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #8
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Welcome Chuck. Yeah, I noticed the FNG too. The last time I heard of that was the Army. I have a 505 I loved til I got it wet. I have a 700 I enjoy as well, but it does have a bit of glare.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
Chuck 929
Eye Like e-Ink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Many of the free classics offered by Sony are available here at Mobileread as free downloads--without DRM, and better formatted. The BBeB/LRF forum is a terrific resource for new Sony PRS owners!
Thanks for the info. I only have about 85 of those left to read!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #10
Chuck 929
Eye Like e-Ink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason View Post
Greetings from another FNG... former military?
No, strictly civilian with former military friends. I probably should't have used FNG, but it is the correct term.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #11
Chuck 929
Eye Like e-Ink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Chuck!

I was recently in Baltimore for the weekend. I love the Inner Harbour and the National Aquarium. You'll have to come to our Northern Virginia next time!

Happy Reading!
Thanks for the welcome. It seems I only get down to the Harbor when company is in town. I will have to chck out N.VA.

How is Karma accumulated on this forum?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #12
Chuck 929
Eye Like e-Ink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journier View Post
Welcome Chuck. Yeah, I noticed the FNG too. The last time I heard of that was the Army. I have a 505 I loved til I got it wet. I have a 700 I enjoy as well, but it does have a bit of glare.
Thanks for the welcome.

It was a toss up between the 505 and the 700. Glare concern made my decision. I will check out the 600 just for a looksee.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #13
911jason
Zealot
911jason doesn't litter911jason doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra Colour & Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 929 View Post
How is Karma accumulated on this forum?
You can give a user Karma points by clicking on the blue KARMA button that appears a few lines below their name on the left hand side of each post. I just did so for you, which increased your Karma from 10 to 12.

911jason is offline   Reply With Quote