Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Kolin USB Cable needed

I have misplaced my PC cable for the Kolin reader. If anyone has one for sale please let me know. Also I have forgotten what it even looked like so if someone could send me a photo of one, maybe, I might just be able to find mine. Thanks.

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 06-20-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I've never heard of a "Kolin reader." Have you thought about going to the company's web site (assuming they have one) to see if they have photos or sell them online??
Advert
Old 06-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

OK .... found out what it is .... now I'm looking to see if I can find photos of parts for it anywhere.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Well, sorry, but all the sites are either in Russian or Chinese, neither of which I read.

Are you certain it doesn't just take a standard USB cable?? I would be a little shocked to find that they made some proprietary cable just for USB transfer (although iPod did just that ... so I guess it's possible).

Could you maybe post some photos of your Kolin showing the ports?? I might be able to tell if it was standard USB or not.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I've never heard of a "Kolin reader." Have you thought about going to the company's web site (assuming they have one) to see if they have photos or sell them online??
I have sent emails around yesterday and should hear something this week. I thought that I would also ask here just in case. I remember when I bought the device from Argosy that they don't really sell accessories separately. You can see the reader at their site http://www.argosyusa.com

Ellen
Advert
Old 06-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Huh .... went to the Argosy site to see if they had manuals for download (so I could see if the USB port was standard or mini or proprietary), and first off ... the links don't work. Secondly, they are in Chinese (or so they say, anyway ... as mentioned ... I couldn't get the links to work).

Wish I could help you, but without some screen shots to see what the ports looks like, I just can't. Good luck.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
imaredr
Collector

Thanks all for the help. I finally found my cord. It is always the last one you try and after I practically wrecked my whole house. So now I have marked the cord so that will make it easier for future use
Closed Thread