Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-23-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
dclewis
dclewis began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Feature Request: Book #s for Book Sets Within a Series

Book Metadata includes a Series Name and # within the series. This is used to support the sort by series.

Normally, each book in a series is numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. But, sometimes a purchased "book" is a set of several individual books in a series. For example, one of my ebooks is actually a "box set" of books 4, 5, and 6 of a series, as a single ebook. (This is not my only such "box set" ebook.)

Currently, the field for book # in a series does not support a range of books such as "4-6". When I try to enter such a range, only the first number is kept.

The field for book # in a series seems to only accept numeric characters, and a decimal point. The decimal point allows for short works between the novels of a series.

Please add a means to record a range of book numbers in the field for book # in a series. Allowing a hyphen would be sufficient, although I don't know how difficult that addition would be to program.

Thank you.
dclewis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book set, box set, metadata, series #