Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-30-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Please recommend something between Kindle PW and Aura HD

I am looking for eink reader with built in light which will suit all my needs, if that exists.
So far I am most satisfied with Kindle PW (both 1 and 2). Aura HD I only like the screen and variety of fonts plus being able to change font weight.
What I want from ereader is:
- eink
- built in light
- touch screen
- good speed and responsiveness (satisfied with PW, not with Aura HD, so it can be as good as PW2)
- easy highlighting over more than one page and usage of clipping file (just like PW or the Kindles before)
- possibility to have more fonts and change their weight and therefore good contrast (just like Aura HD)
- excellent English - English dictionary (just like Kindle's, not like Aura; I am ready to buy dictionary if it is easy to install it on ereader, but I want a really good one, no compromise here; English is not my mother tongue; I don't want to use Penelopes and I don't know what to convert dictionaries, I am ready to pay any price for a good one that works with ereader)
- good firmware (not like Aura HD with bugs and rest)
- price is not important if the reader is good
Less important, but would be welcome - good customer support.
Not important - sd card slot, but if it does have it, than the one that is usable i.e. not the one where you can't use your card but have to tweak things and it still becomes a hit and miss process (which is my experience with Aura HD and I really am not ready to become tech savy for the purpose of using memory card in order to have thousands of books available on the reader).
I would welcome thoughts on this from users of other readers. For now, I use my PW2 for nonfiction (since I can use good dictionary and make highlights easily) and Aura HD for fiction (easier on my eyes and I like how it displays books - mainly fonts) so I would love to have one for all - something of cross between PW and Aura HD.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote