Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Overdrive new release checker

Attached is an exe that checks Overdrive for new ebook additions. I check daily for new additions, so I wanted something that I could add to Startup to automate the process.

By default, it runs and exits if it detects that there are no new additions. If there are new additions, a message box will pop up: click on "set last to current" to acknowledge the new additions.

By default, it checks FLP. It will probably work with most sites that use the new Overdrive.

To use it with B(rooklyn)PL, create a shortcut, and add the following to the command line:

Code:
-URL- http://digitalbooks.brooklynpubliclibrary.org -NEWEBOOKS- 'New @ Brooklyn Public Library'
To use it with the Connecticut web site, create a shortcut, and add the following to the command line:

Code:
-URL- http://bibliomation.lib.overdrive.com -NEWEBOOKS- 'Recent Additions: eBooks'
If you want to check multiple sites, add "-TAG- n" to the command lines. I check two sites, so I added "-TAG- 1" and "-TAG- 2" to two different shortcuts.

I tried it on Win 7 and XP. On one Win7 machine it didn't work (running Internet Explorer stand alone also crashed).
Attached Files
File Type: zip OverdriveCheck.zip (869.4 KB, 114 views)
John F is offline   Reply With Quote