Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Galaxy Note knockoffs from China?

Anyone got one? Using one for reading? I'm thinking of teh first Note, not the second, but if anyone is using that, it would also be of interest.

I'd like to have the Note/Note2 just for reading but cannot justify the expense, especially when I am just about to update my iPhone (no, not the 5, a second hand 4S).

So anybody got any experience of these 5/5.5" knockoffs as readers?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I have HTC knockoff, 4.7". As a phone it is all right, not excellent. As a reader you can install all the apps, eg. Kindle for Android with no problem. I also have Kobo app on it. Works well as reader. I read some books on it. Mine has 5xx x 9xx something resolution and screen quality is excellent. It does not have a lot of internal memory and it gets full quite quickly. Screen resolution is something to pay attention to of course. And I'd buy it via Amazon if possible (amazon.co.uk allows it), just to be on the safe side. Pay attention if it does have Play Store access (not all Chinese knockoffs do) if not you're in trouble.

Last edited by Chi Cygni; 10-28-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
I'll be interested in seeing more phone form factors like the Notes but at cheap prices.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, its getting silly. I looked at the iPad mini, I was contemplating selling the ipad3 I have in order to get one, but I think, even though its a LOT lighter, the screen is still going to be too big for me. I have a sony 6" which is a good size but I havent taken to e-ink at all, thats why I was considering an android.

Been looking on Aliexpress and similar places, most of the smaller screen things have fairly low resolution and minimal storage. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard

I've decided to stick with what I have for now. There doesn't seem to be anything that suits my use at all, so I'll keep reading on my iphone4S (just bought a few days ago). Perhaps next year.
Advert