Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
phisalis
phisalis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
El Pais recipe no longer working correctly

Hi Good People

I've been using ver 8.15 until yesterday to download El Pais (the standard edition in Fetch News - Spanish[62] - the first one listed). I'm particularly keen on the Opinions section, which stopped downloading this week.

I've downloaded and installed the ver 8.70 but it looks as if EL Pais has changed the layout and now only the section header is being downloaded and none of the columns.

If only it had been the Deportes section which failed

If anyone knows how to persuade the Opionion section to download again I'd be extremely grateful for the information.
Please note, my very old head is completely stuffed with Spanish (I've had to forget the names of my children to fit in the last few lessons), no room there for a masterclass on Python.

Thanks in advance
Phisalis
phisalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I will take a look this week.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

After brief look I can tell you that there is nothing wrong with the recipe. if you visit the El Pais opinion page you will see that the most recent article is from May 13. We are in september now and recipe is tailored to download articles not older than 2 days. You can modify the recipe yourself if you wish and put something like this:

Quote:
oldest_article = 365
But I fail to see the point of downloading articles that are 4 months old. i would say that El Pais is forcing their users to go to digital subscription with kiosk and hence some part have old content.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
phisalis

opinion pieces and dates

Hi Kiklop74

Many thanks for your fast reply. I wonder, though, if we are talking at cross purposes. I have probably got something wrong, but when I just visited the El Pais web site the lastest opinion piece is about an hour old.

In fact there are more than 15 articles with today's date (25) at
http://elpais.com/tag/opinion/a/

and lots more at:

http://elpais.com/elpais/opinion.html

These were downloading fine last week (and for a year or so before that) - I usually download the Sunday edition and the Wednesday edition. Last Sunday worked and Wednesday didn't. It still isn't. I have just tried it again with both my original version 8.15 and 8.70 - both produce empty Opinion sections.

El Pais (at elpais.com) has definitely changed the front page layout and this does appear to correlate with (though not necessarily cause) the new behaviour in Calibre.

I've checked through the intermediate files produced by the recipe and the Opinion section is empty throughout. I'll take your word for it that the recipe is OK because I have no idea how it all works, but the failure is definitely not because the articles are too old. I've just read the one of the opinion columns with today's date and it reflects current news events - which hadn't happened in May. I'm fascinated to know what it is you're looking at.

When you run the recipe do you get today's columnists?

Thanks in advance - when it works it's beyond brilliant.

Phisalis
Old 09-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
kiklop74
Guru

You are right. The recipe included Political opinion feed not the Opinion feed and hence the discrepancy.

Updated recipe submitted to Calibre tracker. Will be included in the next release.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1056178
Advert
Old 09-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #6
phisalis

Otra vez, gracias para me ayude usted.