Device: Bq cervantes
A List Apart recipe

Download from here:

https://raw.github.com/cram1010/Cali...t_apart.recipe
cram1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
patku
patku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (non-touch, non-keyboard)
The recipe is pointing to the correct RSS feed, and it gets the table of contents ok, but the articles are all missing. What can I do to provide debug info about this recipe?
* Calibre 0.9.25, Win 7 32-bit

EDIT: As for what I can do, I'll start with the advice at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...439#fix_myself and report back when I've done so.

Quote:
I want to fix a broken recipe myself. What should I do?
Recipes vary in complexity, but often they break due to a change in the source site that merely rearranges the content. When a recipe is written, the author uses tags in the site html code to identify/keep desirable content and remove what isn't wanted. If those tags are changed, the recipe throws away the content you want. There is one simple change to a recipe that may cause it to start working better. Make a custom copy of the builtin recipe, as above. Then edit it to remove or comment out (using the hash "#" symbol in front of each line) all the lines or groups that start:
keep_only_tags
remove_tags
remove_tags_before
remove_tags_after
If the recipe is not too complex, and the site change is minor, this may cause the recipe to stop throwing away the content you want. You are also likely to get lots of content you don't want. If you begin to get the content you want, you can return each removed or commented line or group, one by one, to find the problem. If these changes fail to improve things, you will need to see here and here for more info on recipe writing.

Last edited by patku; 04-03-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: found and linked to resource for debugging
patku is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
cram1010
cram1010 began at the beginning.

Device: Bq cervantes
Recipe updated! Now it is working.
cram1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recipe, software, webdevelopment