Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can the Opus use fonts in ADE/ePub like the 300/505/600/700?

The Sony Readers (except the 500) have ADE and can make use of fonts installed on the reader for ePub eBooks. Can the Opus do the same thing? The link below is to the thread in the ePub section describing how to do so on the Sony Readers. Can someone please try this and report back? Thanks.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36361

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 10-01-2009 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added thread prefix for testing
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is anyone going to try this for me please?
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I have a replacement being shipped out today. If nobody has tried it by the time I get mine I'll check it for you.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I have a replacement being shipped out today. If nobody has tried it by the time I get mine I'll check it for you.
Thank you!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
No dice there. But i might have missed something.
Like the actual address for the font.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "Fontin";
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Regular.ttf);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Bold.ttf);
}
@font-face {
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Italic.ttf);
}
@font-face {
  font-family: "Fontin_Sans";
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin_Sans_R_45b.otf);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin_Sans_B_45b.otf);
}
@font-face {
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin_Sans_I_45b.otf);
}
@font-face {
  font-family: "Fontin_Sans" ;
  font-weight: bold ;
  font-style: italic ;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin_Sans_BI_45b.otf) ;
}
body {
  font-family: "Fontin", serif;
}

That's the code for adding in a font the Sony way. But you might need to add the font family other places besides body.

Here is where to get Fontin and Fontin Sans. http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/fontin.html

The fonts go in a root directory called fonts (all lower case).
Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i Tried quite a few things, still noting.
i'm not sure if I sould use /Cybook res:///Cybook , /Fonts, or someting else altogether.

@font-face is very recent (css3, june 2009), i'm actually surprised sony supports it.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
i'm not sure if I sould use /Cybook res:///Cybook , /Fonts, or someting else altogether.
I asked in ePub custom Fonts on 700 and 505 and /Data is the root of the user accessible file system on the Sony Readers. So, what is the root of the internal or external user-accessible filesystems called on the Opus (and Gen 3)? Whatever it is, this will be what should replace /Data in the url.

On many Linux systems these days things like SD cards are mounted under /media, but usually /media/sd or something like that.

Last edited by wallcraft; 09-22-2009 at 02:59 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
@font-face is very recent (css3, june 2009), i'm actually surprised sony supports it.
It's not, it goes as far as 1998, at least.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
@font-face is quite old. It was in CSS2, but was pulled from CSS 2.1 and reinstated (so far) in CSS 3

Quote:
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
@font-face is quite old. It was in CSS2, but was pulled from CSS 2.1 and reinstated (so far) in CSS 3
I stand corrected then

Quote:
I asked in ePub custom Fonts on 700 and 505 and /Data is the root of the user accessible file system on the Sony Readers. So, what is the root of the internal or external user-accessible filesystems called on the Opus (and Gen 3)? Whatever it is, this will be what should replace /Data in the url.
Good point. I'll try the standard /mnt /media..
But i guees it'll be faster to ask bookeen.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #12
mjmcleod
Connoisseur
mjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to behold

Device: Galaxy Tab
Did anyone ever figure this out? I'd love to be able to set a more readable font than whatever the publisher thought was a good idea.
mjmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard

You need to edit the ePub anyway. So you can add whatever font you want and edit the css
Old 10-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #14
mjmcleod
Connoisseur
mjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to behold

Device: Galaxy Tab
Quote:
You need to edit the ePub anyway. So you can add whatever font you want and edit the css
I particularly meant figuring out where the Opus internal storage appears in the filesystem. I have a folder called "Fonts" at the root level of the internal storage, but using "src: url(res:///Fonts/Fontin-Regular.ttf);" in the CSS doesn't seem to do the trick -- presumably what looks like the top level when accessing the storage via USB is not in fact the top level so far as the OS on the device is concerned.

(And yes, I do have a copy of the Fontin fonts in that Fonts directory.)
mjmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcleod View Post
I particularly meant figuring out where the Opus internal storage appears in the filesystem.
It might be that the SD card is mounted instead. On the Sony's it is the internal storage that is "visible" to ADE and its root is /Data. On the Hanlin's it is the SD card that is "visible" to ADE and its root is /abook. From this, I assume that typically only a single filesystem is visible and that it will have a name (i.e. it isn't just /). The name is likely to be meaningful on the device. Data is always used for the internal memory mount point on the Sony's and /mnt/abook is where the SD card lives on the Halnin's (its internal memory is /home, but that does not work with ADE). This isn't necessarly easy to find by trial and error. I tested res:///mnt/abook on my Hanlin for example, but it never occurred to me that this should be res:///abook. See Fonts and Epub - What works on Sony, Works for Pocket Pro too!
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote