Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Some free romances for Kindle

I thought those of you who miss the Harlequin thread might be interested!

When Night Falls by Cait London (US DE) is romantic suspense and was first published by Avon in 2002.

Two Up (US DE) is part of the Millersburg Quartet by Valerie Douglas (the other volumes have been free at some time during the last few weeks, as well).

Through a Dark Mist (US DE) by Marsha Canham is the first volume in the Robin Hood trilogy; it was first published by Dell in 1991.

Alison Kent has published contemporary romances with Harlequin, Kensington and Carina Press. Three of her novels and one story are free today: Love in Bloom (US DE; used to be free at Smashwords), a contemporary romance first published in the Zebra Bouquet line in 2000; Playing Love's Odds (US DE), a romantic suspense novel first published by Kismet Romance in 1993; and Love Me Tender (US DE), a contemporary romance, first published in Zebra's Bouquet line in 1999. In addition there's an erotic short story (dominance/submission?), At His Mercy (US DE).
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some more:

When a Man Loves a Woman by Alina Adams, a contemporary romance first published by Dell in 2000, is reissued in an Enhanced Multimedia Edition (US DE) with links to music to complement each chapter. This actually sounds rather ghastly, but it appears the book received good reviews on reputable sites when it first came out.

Theresa Meyer has written a number of paranormal romances for Harlequin. The Spellbound Bride (US DE), a paranormal historical set in the Scotland in the time of Mary Queen of Scots, was first published by Triskelion in 2007.

Anne Holman has written a number of historical romances for the British Linford Romance Library, among them Vera's Valour (US DE), set during World War II.
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Here are a few non-KDP which are free to all @ Smashwords, probably just for a limited time:

Christie Craig used to be published by Dorchester/Leisure/Love Spell before they imploded. Here's another in one of her old series with them (we got one of the early ones free at some point as an official promo): Divorced, Desperate and Delicious

Patti O'Shea's paranormal romance novella in the shared-universe Crimson City setting is another refugee from the Dorchester fallout: Dark Awakening which she says was in one of the printed anthologies.

This is the Julie Ortolon book mentioned in the Harlequin thread, available to all without DRM or differential geo-pricing in the format of your choice if you want it that way: Falling For You

Some from yesterday's slushpile trawl (not posted): UK author Netta Martin's historical saga: Tycoon, previously printed in 1993 by Onyx. Perhaps not a dedicated romance, but cover blurb gives comparisons to Barbara Taylor Bradford and Jackie Collins who are popular romance/chick-lit writers IIRC?

An m/m Seattle-set contemporary romance (may have erotic content) courtesy of Books We Love: Chasing Marty by Jenna Byrnes (small specialty-imprint Phaze-published authors)

Three works (not necessarily all romance) by Mary Nichols, who's been published by Mills & Boon, including one Orion-paperbacked historical romantic suspense from the 1996: Linkage for the lot

And a pricing-catchup-non-KDP former Ellora/Cerridwen romantic suspense re-written by the author Ann Bruce: Deadly Fall
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thank you for the free reads, Britomart and ATDrake

FYI: The Alison Kent novels that are free a big part of her indie publishing experiment. She have a couple of short stories too.
Any way, I can recommend Love Me tender and Love in bloom by Alison Kent. Well written contemporaries. I do have Playing Love's Odds too, but I haven't finished it yet. ( Not sure if I will, TBH).
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I think we need a thread just for this genre. Some real good free ones today.

Christie Craig is my favorite funny romance author, Jennifer Crusie would be second. She's an autobuy for me. Her Desperate series is one of my favorite series. Her heroes are always in law enforcement and her books are laugh out loud funny. You need to read all 3 books of the series as they tied in together. I own the paperbacks and ebooks. I'm just that big of a fan!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
Britomart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think we need a thread just for this genre. Some real good free ones today.
I agree, this would be very useful! I am always grateful to get recommendations, especially for Smashwords freebies, which can be so difficult to spot. Thanks for the heads-up about Christie Craig, I've downloaded her book.

Here are two more Amazon freebies (and as they've been free for several days now, they could disappear quickly):
Raven's Bride by Kate Silver (US DE) is a reissue of Anna and the Gentleman, a historical that was published by Zebra in 2000.

The Scorpion and the Seducer (US DE), a 19th century historical adventure romance partly set in Egypt, was published by Leisure in 2008, and author Bonnie Varnak has also published a number of paranormal romances with Harlequin. This novel is one of the later volumes in a series, however.

Last edited by Britomart; 03-01-2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: to correct spelling
Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I haven't read this author before but this one has 4.14 stars with over 450 reviews on goodreads. Worth a look when it's free.

Divine Deception by Marcia Lynn McClure [Western Historical Romance]

Quote:
Mistreated, disheartened, and trapped, Fallon Ashby unexpectedly found the chance of swift deliverance at the hand of a wealthy landowner. The mysterious deliverer offered Fallon escape from unendurable circumstances. Thus, Fallon chose to marry Trader Donavon, a man who concealed his face within the dark shadows of an ominous black hood—a man who unknowingly held her heart captive.
Yet malicious villainy, intent on destroying Trader Donavon, set out to defeat him. Would evil succeed in overpowering the man whose face Fallon had never seen? The ever-hooded hero Fallon silently loved above all else?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free ones from HQ Authors

Cynthia Thomason's Suddenly a Bride which looks like a historical western romance that was formally published under the title Homespun Hearts by Zebra in 1999.

Carol Grace's Mail-Order Millionaire which was formally published as a Harlequin's Silhouette Romance titled Mail-Order Male in 1993.

The Best-Made Plans by Leigh Michaels is a formally Harlequin Romance title published in 1992.

Found another one!
Autumn's Shadow by Lyn Cote who is a Love Inspired author. This looks like it's Book 2 of the series. Formally published by Tyndale House Publishers in 2003 and now revised and updated. Winter's Secret is Book 1 and is only 99 cents. Note: These are Inspirational Romantic Suspense titles.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Britomart
Guru

And here's more:

Night Hunter (US DE), a romantic suspense or thriller by Carol Davis Luce, was first published in 1990 as Skin Deep by Pinnacle Books.

Gamble with Hearts (US DE) by Hilary Gilman is a traditional Regency romance and was first published with Robert Hale in 1980.

Last edited by Britomart; 03-02-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: added title
Old 03-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
NOT FREE but on sale (posted here because you guys reading this thread are the ones that might be interested).

The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley is on sale for $2.24 at Amazon [Time Travel Romance]

Quote:
When Eva's film star sister Katrina dies, she leaves California and returns to Cornwall, where they spent their childhood summers, to scatter Katrina's ashes and in doing so return her to the place where she belongs.

But Eva must also confront the ghosts from her own past, as well as those from a time long before her own. For the house where she so often stayed as a child is home not only to her old friends the Halletts, but also to the people who had lived there in the eighteenth century. When Eva finally accepts that she is able to slip between centuries and see and talk to the inhabitants from hundreds of years ago, she soon finds herself falling for Daniel Butler, a man who lived--and died--long before she herself was born.

Eva begins to question her place in the present, and in laying her sister to rest, comes to realise that she too must decide where she really belongs, choosing between the life she knows and the past she feels so drawn towards.
I had to grab it at this price even though I still haven't read The Winter Sea yet.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
:
Christie Craig is my favorite funny romance author, Jennifer Crusie would be second. She's an autobuy for me. Her Desperate series is one of my favorite series. Her heroes are always in law enforcement and her books are laugh out loud funny. You need to read all 3 books of the series as they tied in together. I own the paperbacks and ebooks. I'm just that big of a fan!

Noticed this freebie today is compared to Jennifer Crusie by Julie Smith, a fairly well-known trad-pubbed mystery writer. Also a Christie Craig book came up when I searched for it, so must have a Craig-tag as well.
Anyway, might be something you'd like:

Phone Kitten by Marika Christian

http://www.amazon.com/Phone-Kitten-ebook/dp/B004TNIXYY/
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Noticed this freebie today is compared to Jennifer Crusie by Julie Smith, a fairly well-known trad-pubbed mystery writer. Also a Christie Craig book came up when I searched for it, so must have a Craig-tag as well.
Anyway, might be something you'd like:

Phone Kitten by Marika Christian

http://www.amazon.com/Phone-Kitten-ebook/dp/B004TNIXYY/
Thanks. I don't mind trying unknown Indie authors out when they are free.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Found another one!
Autumn's Shadow by Lyn Cote who is a Love Inspired author. This looks like it's Book 2 of the series. Formally published by Tyndale House Publishers in 2003 and now revised and updated. Winter's Secret is Book 1 and is only 99 cents. Note: These are Inspirational Romantic Suspense titles.

I had the full series in paperback at one time but I donated them to my church library. It would be nice to read them again as ebooks
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
NOT FREE but very cheap. I haven't read either but they seem to have decent reviews.

The Proposal & Solid Soul by Brenda Jackson - $0.66
Quote:
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Brenda Jackson brings you the story of Jason Westmoreland. With one convenient proposal, he could have a Southern beauty in his bed and her birthright in his hands. If only the lovely lady would say yes….

Plus a Brenda Jackson classic—the first in the Steele family series, Solid Soul.
What A Westmoreland Wants by Brenda Jackson - $0.81
Quote:
Mr. September: Callum Austell, sexy Australian ranch owner

His Deepest Desire: The elusive Gemma Westmoreland

The Seduction Plan: Get her on his turf—ASAP!

He'd been biding his time, and now the perfect opportunity had arrived to pursue the ultimate object of his affections. Offering Gemma a job to decorate his new home meant she had to come to him. And on his territory, the Aussie knew he could easily woo her into his bed. But this Westmoreland woman was no pushover. If Callum was going to get what he wanted—as always—the millionaire just might have to utter three little words first.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #15
Britomart
Guru

Beyond Betrayal (US DE) by Christine Michels is a western romance retelling of the Samson and Delilah myth (with a happy ending, I hope!) and was first published by Love Spell in 1998. It's only free at the German Amazon store right now, but I'm including the US link in case the price drops later.