Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #61
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I like the recently read widget/app/whatever it is. I'd keep that one, and the stock reader for the TTS. I too think that telephony and camera related stuff should go.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #62
obiwan99
obiwan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Icewyng seems strangely absent Any news?
obiwan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #63
obiwan99
obiwan99 began at the beginning.

It seems the market does not work anymore because of some changes by google.

I saw this: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/2689...nt-market-fix/
and changed build.prop to have:

ro.product.model=PD_Novel
ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.1-update1/ERE27/24178:user/release-keys

to make it work again.

So far so good
obiwan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #64
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan99 View Post
Icewyng seems strangely absent Any news?
Probably out having a life.
'Tis the season and all that.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #65
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
No good news?
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #66
hjay
hjay began at the beginning.

I'm new around here, and PB IQ is my first e-reader/tablet.

Oh, and I'm technically challenged ...... so what is this 'SH ROM' that's being talked about?
hjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #67
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjay View Post
I'm new around here, and PB IQ is my first e-reader/tablet.

Oh, and I'm technically challenged ...... so what is this 'SH ROM' that's being talked about?
The SH-ROM was developed for the PanDigital Novel, a device very similar to the IQ, but firmware for this device was and is still developed by several users on slatedroid.com, so if someone can get this running flawless on the IQ, this would open the door for a whole bunch of desserts
Unfortunately Icewyng, who started this port (which has still too many bugs to substitute the original ROM) either gave up on this or is too busy with his family to do further work on it
Hopefully he or someone else is going to pick up the development, otherwise my IQ will become one more dust collector and finally end in the bay
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #68
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
I deleted most of the Google Apps and related files on de SH rom. (rooted device). No wakeup anymore. The problem where also some widget on the home screen... Now the IQ is also really fast. I use it to read (Moon+reader) an
Internet (Dolphin mini)
macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #69
hjay
hjay began at the beginning.

Hi Troll, thanks for that! Errr...I'm assuming the 'SH-ROM' or 'port' is some kind of variant of the operating system...??

I'm pretty quickly coming round to the idea that I need an e-ink reader (probably a sony PRS-600 or similar) for book reading as the IQ is too heavy and clunky for real world use. However, I am prepared to use it as an experimental android tablet.

Where do I get this 'port'?

Quote:
otherwise my IQ will become one more dust collector and finally end in the bay
By the way, is that the 'Bay of Sorrows', 'Bay of Plenty', 'San Francisco Bay' .... or eBay

Thx
Hugh

Last edited by hjay; 02-10-2012 at 05:29 AM.
hjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #70
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjay View Post
Hi Troll, thanks for that! Errr...I'm assuming the 'SH-ROM' or 'port' is some kind of variant of the operating system...??
That's correct, Operating system is Android 2.0, but each brand has special developments for their respective devices, and sometimes they use different drivers for the same parts and build the programs in slightly different ways, and that makes the difference

Quote:
I'm pretty quickly coming round to the idea that I need an e-ink reader (probably a sony PRS-600 or similar) for book reading as the IQ is too heavy and clunky for real world use. However, I am prepared to use it as an experimental android tablet.
Good idea, you may also have a look at the new Pocketbooks, they look and feel very good.
Sony PRS T1 is a crossover between android and e-Ink, but not a very good one as it seems because people experience a lot of trouble with it.

Quote:
Where do I get this 'port'?

It's in this section of MR, there's a thread called SH... something

Quote:
By the way, is that the 'Bay of Sorrows', 'Bay of Plenty', 'San Francisco Bay' .... or eBay
Not the first one, was a nice entry to Android, unfortunately not the second one, to far away for the third so most probably the last

Quote:
Thx
Hugh
My pleasure
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #71
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Sony PRS T1 is a crossover between android and e-Ink, but not a very good one as it seems because people experience a lot of trouble with it.
You experience a lot less trouble if you ignore the Sony software and the latest update. (But then, that applies to most Sony products. Software is not their strength. )

I use mine to run the Kindle app, Aldiko 2.x, and Coolreader 3. That pretty much covers all the bases. (Kobo and Nook also run but I have no use for them. And App install space is very limited on the T1 without deep hacking.)

It is much easier on the wrist than the PBIQ, though; it weighs less than half as much. Battery life is pretty good though not quite PB360-good.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #72
peejayay
peejayay began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
For those of you who have had problems with the kindle app, I can confirm that it is a problem with the JIT library file "libdvm.so". I downloaded a version without JIT and replaced the original file with the newly downloaded one in the zip file, reloaded it and now the kindle app works correctly.

Great work by the way Icewyng, the only problem that I have now is the lack of the proper sleep functionality.
peejayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #73
oldfox
oldfox began at the beginning.

Device: IQ701
Dear Icewyng is it possible to hope for your works in the near future? Thanks.
oldfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #74
wizardik
Enthusiast
wizardik began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Wifi doesn't work

Hi this rom is very good i d love to use it but i have a problem with wifi. That says... fining wifi networks and than it show problem with load a wifi(i have a wep). In 2.0.6 firmware my wifi works fine. I don't now..
wizardik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #75
oldfox
oldfox began at the beginning.

Device: IQ701
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardik View Post
Hi this rom is very good i d love to use it but i have a problem with wifi. That says... fining wifi networks and than it show problem with load a wifi(i have a wep). In 2.0.6 firmware my wifi works fine. I don't now..
WiFi works. Does not work indicator WiFi
oldfox is offline   Reply With Quote