Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Lordvic; I am sorry you feel that way. Trust me. others of us had similar initial issues with Kobo Support, but, on the WiFi at least they DID change policies at one point to perform exchanges of failed units.

Yes; the unit was shipped to Celestica, but this was AFTER getting approval from Kobo second level support for the unit to be replaced.

You just need to work with the Kobo support staff.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #17
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
You only have to pay one way shipping, so living in Ontario that shouldn't be much. And they will ask you if you want the screen fixed, I think that they will almost definitely replace it for free.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
ghiavert
ghiavert began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Welcome to the horrible customer service club. It's real shame, Kobo started off strong, but they have really gone down hill.

I finally moved to a Nook. I didn't want to. I gave them every opportunity, but they just cannot deliver. Reps with no real knowledge. Fixes that don't work. I had two different reps on two different occasions tell me to do a factory reset, then reinstall all my books, only to find it didn't work. The third rep than told me, oh that would have never worked. Ugh.

BUY an NOOK!
ghiavert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #19
jb1
jb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadjb1 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: kobo touch
I am happy to report that kobo fixed both my issues. I received my kobo back after a week, and it worked. Yay! It did take another week of emailing them about the one book I had that was corrupt but they have now replaced it.
Although I had some frustrations (they need more people working at customer service...one night I was on the phone waiting for 2.5 hours and then finally hung up), once I got in their system they were great and very helpful. So thank you kobo.
jb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #20
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
My experience with Kobo support is that they are very slow to respond and they have terrible tech support (I call them because my USB port is loose and they recommend a factory reset ) but both times I've had to send them back ( A kobo-1 and a Kobo Touch) I've gotten a replacement after a week.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert