Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
squirrlyguy
squirrlyguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
How to convert to Russian? PRS600

Hi - I have PRS 600 and need to convert books to Russian. Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to do it? I'm not a techy so nice and simple would be greatly appreciated

Right now i have files converted into epub and uploaded into Reader Library - what should i do from this point on?

Thank you!
squirrlyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
To be honest, I am not sure what is it you are asking. What do you mean by "convert books to Russian"?

I am guessing from the second half of your message that you have ebook in epub format in Russian and you would like to upload them to your PRS-600?

The last but not the least, do you speak Russian?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
squirrlyguy
squirrlyguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Sorry - that is correct. I have the book in Russian and I cannot get it to show up in Russian in the reader - the image of the cover shows up and then the rest is in question marks.

Yes, I do speak Russian.
squirrlyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrlyguy View Post
Yes, I do speak Russian.
The-eBook Forum is your friend then

They have complete sets of instructions on how "russify" any Sony Reader.
At the very least they will help you to embed Russian fonts into your epubs.

Good luck!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Check google for prs-600 and russification. I don't recall the website exactly, but search for boroda 1.05b.
This version of the russification brings an installer so there is no messy "copy this file here - delete that file - move this one around".
You have to run the installer as an admin on a windows system, otherwise the script will not run.
I did this last weekend and now I have russian as language option instead of netherland. It also displays russian fonts and brings a clock and screen shot capability.

Oh, well, and I'm not liable for any bricked units if you should decide to flash the firmware.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote