Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
Kobo Aura covers

Has anyone bought the Aura cover? If so, what's your impression and what does it look like inside?

Also, does anyone have a picture of their brown Aura HD? Did you get the black sleep cover since the brown one seems to be none existing and if so, how does it look with the brown aura?

Thanks in advance!
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
I have the black sleep cover and I'm returning it and here are my reasons

- I don't like how it doesn't bend backward completely. The point of this is I like to hold my book with one hand only
- When you do bend it backward, the magnet goes off and your reader goes into sleep mode
- Difficult to remove the ereader from the case when you need too
- I tried many possible ways of holding it and I still find it uncomfortable to hold for a long period of time
- Expensive compared to the ones offered on eBay or Alibaba
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #3
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
I have the black sleep cover and I'm returning it and here are my reasons

- I don't like how it doesn't bend backward completely. The point of this is I like to hold my book with one hand only
- When you do bend it backward, the magnet goes off and your reader goes into sleep mode
- Difficult to remove the ereader from the case when you need too
- I tried many possible ways of holding it and I still find it uncomfortable to hold for a long period of time
- Expensive compared to the ones offered on eBay or Alibaba
I was afraid of just that after looking at the pictures (or lack thereof) on the Kobo site; none of them showed the interior of the cover interior or "in use". I'm still waiting for one of those slimfit covers for the Aura like the ones for the HD to appear on eBay.

Last edited by MarciaCat; 10-24-2013 at 02:52 PM.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
If you go to Rakuten's Japanese preorder page you can see more pictures of the cover. I'd like to hear more feedback about the cover as I've preordered the Aura specifically because the cover is included for preorders.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Bever
Bever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura
I bought this one in black: http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-aura...er-deluxe.html

It doesn't look too bad, but I get the impression it doesn't fit a 100%. If you look at the picture, you get the impression the Kobo is skewed inside the cover. Also, the upper left corner if very slightly covered because of this. I did push the Kobo all the way in to the right as far as possible.

I might hang on to it, not sure yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-19 14.52.04.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	770.5 KB
ID:	113655   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-19 14.52.13.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	649.9 KB
ID:	113656  
Bever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
If you go to Rakuten's Japanese preorder page you can see more pictures of the cover. I'd like to hear more feedback about the cover as I've preordered the Aura specifically because the cover is included for preorders.
Thank you for that! I ran the Rakuten Aura page through Google translate just to be sure I was on the correct page. It seems to be a nice fitting cover, just not quite what I'm looking for. I'm holding out for something like the slimfit cover the HD has.

Last edited by MarciaCat; 10-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
drew2720
Connoisseur

Thank you thymaster..I was thinking the same thing..looks like it would not bend back easily. Thank you Canuck for the link. Wish the Kobo Ca. site had more pictures and like MarciaCat wrote... slimfit covers like HD.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It won't be for a while but when the readers come out in Japan in the beginning of December I'll give a full review of the cover with pictures.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #9
drew2720
Connoisseur

That would be great Canuck! I'm still on the bench as to whether I want another HD (brown, this time) or the newer Aura, so I can wait for pictures and reviews. Hopefully, by that time, the quality/customer service issues I keep reading about will be resolved or at least heading in the right direction. Maybe a slim/sleep will be available too... one can only hope.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #10
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard

Here's what the inside of the cover looks like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_main_8.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	113687  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #11
Bever
Bever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to beholdBever is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bever View Post
I bought this one in black: http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-aura...er-deluxe.html

It doesn't look too bad, but I get the impression it doesn't fit a 100%. If you look at the picture, you get the impression the Kobo is skewed inside the cover. Also, the upper left corner if very slightly covered because of this. I did push the Kobo all the way in to the right as far as possible.

I might hang on to it, not sure yet.
I have contacted Gecko and they refunded my cover. I don't have to return it, so if I can make someone happy with it, let me know. You can have it for free, but will have to pay shipping.
Bever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
has anyone got the neoprene pouch for the aura. i dont want a cover for it as i want to keep it as small as possible but i do need something to protect it. Just wondering if anyone has bough this one
http://www.kobo.com/accessories/kobo...ene-black.html
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Right. Just in case others in the UK are looking for the official kobo pouch. I have been in contact with both kobo and wh smiths. both have been useless in providing any info as to when this will be available in the UK. The only online place i can find it is on Amazon sold by a German market place seller at a £10 premium. Alas i have caved in and bought it as the eBay pouches look really Flimsy and cheap.

Link to Amazon seller
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00E...AC_SX110_SY165
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I've just been using my old Kindle 3rd party sleep case to store my Kobo until I find\get a nice 3rd party click sleep case for it.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #15
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Well my order from alibaba.com finally shipped
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote