Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
coolnev
coolnev began at the beginning.

Device: Azbooka n516
Calibre and add library

Immediately apologize for my "accent" - I'm Russian. I have a problem - after adding books Calibre creates a folder with the name of the author and the book file in Roman letters, while the metadata (fb2) all in Cyrillic. This can somehow fix it?
coolnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The naming of calibre internal folders is not under your control, and you should not attempt to access these files directly, but only via the Calibre GUI. If you export files from Calibre using Save to Disk or Send to Device then you can provide the file mask to get your preferred naming scheme.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Calibre folders are usually the same as the book title/author as in the metatdata.

If you change the metadata then calibre will create a new folder with the name etc. as you have modified and generally delete the old folder. It won't delete it if the book is open and sometimes not if the folder is open.

Not quite understanding what you want here, both roman or both cyrillic?
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:57 AM   #4
coolnev

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If you export files from Calibre using Save to Disk or Send to Device then you can provide the file mask to get your preferred naming scheme.
I do not understand how to change the mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Not quite understanding what you want here, both roman or both cyrillic?
I want both cyrillic
Old 11-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnev View Post
I want both cyrillic
From what I understand, Calibre normalizes the filenames it uses to contain only ASCII characters, so the filenames won't change from latin characters. Apart from that, as has been said before, you really shouldn't touch Calibre's library folder(s).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
coolnev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
From what I understand, Calibre normalizes the filenames it uses to contain only ASCII characters, so the filenames won't change from latin characters. Apart from that, as has been said before, you really shouldn't touch Calibre's library folder(s).
In most Calibre I did not touch the Library folder, but after the transfer books on to the E-book reader (Azbooka N516) - a folders on the device are in ASCII and it is inconvenient to navigate through the bookshelf. Maybe you can somehow make Calibre when transferring books to the device to create in him a folder with the name of the author taken from the metadata file is transmitted without conversion to ASCII?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No writing non ascii file and folder names to devices is a very complex and error prone operation. You can save files with non ascii names to the device by using the save to disk action (after setting the allow unicode option in preferences->saving to disk). This may or may not work on your device depending on the filesystem encoding on the filesystem on your device, the localization settings for your operating system and the phase of the moon.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnev View Post
In most Calibre I did not touch the Library folder, but after the transfer books on to the E-book reader (Azbooka N516) - a folders on the device are in ASCII and it is inconvenient to navigate through the bookshelf. Maybe you can somehow make Calibre when transferring books to the device to create in him a folder with the name of the author taken from the metadata file is transmitted without conversion to ASCII?
I don't think so, the normalization should apply to all write operations. The reason for this is bad Unicode support on most filesystems, Kovid once said.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #9
coolnev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No writing non ascii file and folder names to devices is a very complex and error prone operation. You can save files with non ascii names to the device by using the save to disk action (after setting the allow unicode option in preferences->saving to disk). This may or may not work on your device depending on the filesystem encoding on the filesystem on your device, the localization settings for your operating system and the phase of the moon.
The device allows the use of Unicode, including Cyrillic. These rules are specified in the Transfer Device Interface plugins, in my case - Azbooka driver? Although the book immediately after adding the library already has a file name and folder in ASCII
In general, this program is the best I think.

Few understood it! Preferences - Saving books to disk removed the check mark from the Convert non-English characters to English equivalents, and all turned out while preserving the disc. Unfortunately this item is not in the Preferences - Sending books to device. The only downside while saving to disk - Calibre don't to see passed this way a book on the device (column 'On device') must either restart or reconnect the device.

Last edited by coolnev; 11-01-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
coolnev

Another question: why Calibre creates a folder with the book (and on the device and PC) files, JPG and OPF? When they are deleted from the device did not change - remains the cover (it is built into FB2), and metadata in place
Old 11-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
coolnev

I am sorru, but up