Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
nightfool
nightfool began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, kobo touch
Question mentor lite firmware

I bought the mentor lite from newegg the other day and I decided to upgrade the fw. But none of the fw from http://www.theezreader.com/ worked. So I installed the coolreader fw but I don't really like it since it keeps shutting down, so I want to install the astek fw. But it just wont work and I called customer service and they were no help. Any ideas anyone? I'm seriously thinking of just returning it since the kindle is scheduled to arrive any day now.
nightfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfool View Post
I bought the mentor lite from newegg the other day and I decided to upgrade the fw. But none of the fw from http://www.theezreader.com/ worked. So I installed the coolreader fw but I don't really like it since it keeps shutting down, so I want to install the astek fw. But it just wont work and I called customer service and they were no help. Any ideas anyone? I'm seriously thinking of just returning it since the kindle is scheduled to arrive any day now.
If you trie EZReader firmware and your MENTOR still works, consider your self lucky.

Mentor is NOT an EZReader

Mentor Firmware is ONLY available at Astak.com
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you trie EZReader firmware and your MENTOR still works, consider your self lucky.

Mentor is NOT an EZReader

Mentor Firmware is ONLY available at Astak.com
Not just lucky. It would be a miracle. Jinke firmware working on a netronix device for which it was never designed.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
nightfool

I feel so stupid, but it sure would explain some other things I read about in the forum. I thought since it was the same company and the fact that I couldn't find the fw in astak.com meant that it was the fw from ezreader.

So which fw do you guys recommend? Apart from coolreader (which is the fw I'm using now). Or could someone tell me how to stop the ereader from turning off by itself. That and the fact that the formatting from some of the books are a bit funky are the reasons I don't want to keep the current fw.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfool View Post
I feel so stupid, but it sure would explain some other things I read about in the forum. I thought since it was the same company and the fact that I couldn't find the fw in astak.com meant that it was the fw from ezreader.

So which fw do you guys recommend? Apart from coolreader (which is the fw I'm using now). Or could someone tell me how to stop the ereader from turning off by itself. That and the fact that the formatting from some of the books are a bit funky are the reasons I don't want to keep the current fw.
I would suggest you contact support at astak and have them send you the firmware or a pointer where you can download it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
nightfool

Thank you for the information.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
cableguy815
cableguy815 began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite
here is what you need bud:

I busted my head over this but here is a good firmware for the astak mentor (Netronix hardware):

https://astak.sharefile.com/?cmd=d&id=35bd1e05c34a43bb

and here are the instructions:

After download, unzip the rar file and put all extracted files to SD card root folder.

1. Put an SD card with all the update files in the the reader.
2. Remove the battery completely from the device.
3. Press and hold the Enter button and "Go Back" function button (third button on the left side).
4. Plug the device to wall while holding down two buttons.
5. When you see the update message, let go two buttons, and follow the instruction on screen.
cableguy815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Wasn't there a member here who was kept a site for download of all PocketPro firmware versions?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote