Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #31
Fujislider
Fujislider began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
My "Saddle" brown Leather case from M-edge.

Fujislider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #32
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
- My Leisure cover from MEdge
- My Fairfax library card
- AC Adapter
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #33
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
1 - In the winter a good, comfortable couch and a good worm brandy (refill nearby).

2 - In the summer by the beach, a comfortable resting bed and a good gin tonic (refill nearby).

Concerning (2) I have just the experience with the Cybook (just have the 505 since December), but I know it’s outstanding.

Besides this, no other gadget, the 505 and it’s USB cable are enough.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:54 AM   #34
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
glass of red wine
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #35
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyliedork View Post
glass of red wine
Nice
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #36
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
ebooks
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #37
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Swarovski mobile phone charm - I have it attached where most people attach a wrist strap. I glam up all my electronics.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #38
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
What an great thread for someone who is just starting out with the e-reader. I really want to get a lightwedge, since I, too, read alot in bed. But they're so expensive. I'm hoping Borders has them so I can use one of the Borders Rewards coupon. I have a 25% off coupon right now. I called there and the guy told me they only sold covers, but I remember reading that someone got theirs at Borders. So I'm thinking maybe he just didn't know one of them had a light! I think I will go there today and check for myself.

I also want to get a psp charger very soon.

And then I might be going to LA this summer so I'll get that library card then. I will also check out the NYPL catalog and see if they have enough books that I would actually read to make it worth paying the $100. Anyone know any other libraries in Northern CA besides Sacramento and San Jose that offer an ebook collection??
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:29 AM   #39
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Kelly--
You can search for libraries at search.overdrive.com. Just click on United States and then California and it'll give you a list of libraries with e-books and/or audio books available for download.

In addition to Sacramento, San Jose, and NY I also have a library card for Santa Clara City Library which gives me access to the Northern California Digital Library. They have a little over 1700 e-books in PDF formats, but they haven't added any new books in the last several months.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 AM   #40
Nate0072
Enthusiast
Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505 (Silver)
When I finally receive my 505, I'm going to invest in some nice earplugs to block out any sound that interrupts my reading pleasure.
Nate0072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #41
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Hi Dordale,

Yeah I was curious about the Northern California digital library. Of course I found out which libraries were connected to that AFTER I made my trek to San Jose. I probably could've went to the Santa Clara library too. Oh well. I will definitely search for the libraries with overdrive though.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #42
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
my usb cable so I can download my books! It's never too far away. I have a nasty habit of downloading way more books than I can possibly read. After having never collected pbooks, really, I am quite an ebook collector....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #43
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
Hi Dordale,

Yeah I was curious about the Northern California digital library. Of course I found out which libraries were connected to that AFTER I made my trek to San Jose. I probably could've went to the Santa Clara library too. Oh well. I will definitely search for the libraries with overdrive though.

Thanks!
Kelly--That's what I did. I hit the San Jose and Santa Clara library in the same day. Actually my Santa Clara library card has since expired. I don't remember if it was only good for one year or two (time flies), but I haven't bothered to renew it.

What I'd really like to do is get a library card for the Cleveland library--so I could check out ePub books instead of PDF. But, unfortunately, I don't know anyone who lives in Ohio!

dordale
Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #44
kelly1010
Book Addict!

yeah I still need to check out the NYPL libraries. I am also curious to search for more libraries with ebook collections. Is the Cleveland library really big?? Do they have an amount you can pay for non-residents?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #45
dordale
Wizard

From everything I've read, you actually need to be an Ohio resident to access the Cleveland library.

There are a few other libraries that will give an out of state resident a card for a fee. I know the Salt Lake County library does this.

You can check out libraries in the wiki here at MobileReads:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries

Also, checkout the search page provided by Overdrive (company that supplies most of the libraries with their e-books and audio books).

http://search.overdrive.com/

dordale