Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2022, 01:24 PM   #3151
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kulti is now $0.99 in the US, again as part of a Kindle Daily Deal. The link below is still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Mariana Zapata's books look to be self-pubbed, but I've read and really liked several of them a lot, including Kulti, which is probably my second favorite of her books, after The Wall of Winnipeg and Me. Some other folks seem to agree with me - Kulti has 4.7 stars on Amazon with more than 1,000 reviews. It has dropped to $1.49 as a US Kindle Daily Deal.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Kulti-Mariana...dp/B00V12L3CU/
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:30 PM   #3152
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Magical Midlife Madness is the first in the Leveling Up series by K.F. Breene that has been much discussed (and liked) upthread, and by me too . Madness has just dropped to $0.99 at Kindle US if you don't belong to KU, or if you just want your own copy anyway. And, as also much discussed above, the remaining four (so far) in the series are in KU, so if you like this one, and belong to KU, you can binge read the rest...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084VTC2P3
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B084VTC2P3

Spoiler:
Quote:
A woman starting over. A new house with an unexpected twist. A cape wearing butler acting as the world's worst life coach.

"Happily Ever After" wasn't supposed to come with a do-over option. But when my husband of twenty years packs up and heads for greener pastures and my son leaves for college, that's exactly what my life becomes.

Do-over.

This time, though, I plan to do things differently. Age is just a number, after all, and at forty I'm ready to carve my own path.

Eager for a fresh start, I make a somewhat unorthodox decision and move to a tiny town in the Sierra foothills. I'll be taking care of a centuries old house that called to me when I was a kid. It's just temporary, I tell myself. It'll just be for a while.

That is, until I learn what the house really is, something I never could've imagined.

Thankfully forty isn't too old to start an adventure, because that's exactly what I do. A very dangerous adventure that will change my life forever. I have a chance to start again, and this time, I make the rules.
Old 01-14-2022, 01:45 PM   #3153
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Annette Marie's books have been generally liked upthread, so...

The One and Only Crystal Druid, which is the first in Marie's The Guild Codex: Unveiled series, is on Kindle Countdown in the US ($0.99) and UK (£0.99) for six more days and change. So if you don't have KU, or just want your own copy, here you go:

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K2YBGVL
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08K2YBGVL
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K2YBGVL
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K2YBGVL

Spoiler:
Quote:
Ten years ago, I risked everything on a nameless boy. I came out the other side with a murder conviction, a prison sentence, and a minor case of amnesia.

I forgot everything about that boy, and now I'm out on parole, just a nobody witch volunteering at an animal rescue and keeping a low profile. Everything was fine until the notorious Crystal Druid showed up to hunt a powerful fae that's leaving a trail of dead bodies in its wake—bodies that the local ex-con, me, will be blamed for.

To save my own hide, I offer to help him. But with every clash of temper between us, something inside me cracks a little more. The closer we get to our target—and the closer I get to the guarded Crystal Druid—the more my missing memories loom.

The fae killer is far deadlier than I imagined—but so is the boy I forgot. And the only question now is which one will destroy me first.

--
From the author of the best-selling Guild Codex books comes a new series that delves into the dark, dangerous world of druids and fae alongside two ravaged souls who may be exactly what the other needs ... if they don't kill each other first.

Unveiled can be read as a standalone series or in conjunction with other Guild Codex series. For the full reading order, visit Annette Marie's website.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:49 AM   #3154
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Not a sale, but for those of you with KU memberships, I just noticed that Shelly Laurenston has her first series, Magnus Pack, as well as a few older novellas in KU. Her shifters have gotten even crazier over the years, but the older books are lots of fun to read also.

First Book: Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston

Spoiler:
What's an Alpha Male to do when he meets the Alpha Female of his dreams? Step one, hide all sharp objects.

All Zach Sheridan ever wanted was to become Alpha Male of his Pack and to be left alone. What he definitely didn’t need in his life was some needy female demanding his attention. What he never saw coming was the vicious, scarred female who not only demanded his attention but knew exactly how to get it.

Sara Morrighan knew this was the best she could expect from her life. Good friends. A nice place to live. And a safe job. But when Zach rode into her small Texas town with his motorcycle club, Sara knew she wanted more. She knew she wanted him. But after one sexy encounter with her dream biker, everything is starting to change. Her body. Her strength. That new thing she’s doing with the snarling. Even her best friends are starting to wonder what’s going on with her.

But this is only the beginning. Sara’s about to find out her life was meant for so much more. And Zach’s about to find true love with the one woman who makes him absolutely insane.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 01:08 PM   #3155
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung S10e, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung Tab A
I love her books! and they are selling for a price I'd be willing to pay if I didn't already have them. I got them through Fictionwise....may they RIP.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 01:19 PM   #3156
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Fictionwise That brings back memories.

I do miss the 100% back on NYT Best Sellers. Only reason I was able to buy all of the In Death books in digital way back when.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:26 AM   #3157
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Today's Big Deal in the UK is seven sci-fi/fantasy books (much more on the fantasy side IMO) for £0.99 each, BUT at least two of these are by authors discussed here: Grace Draven (Radiance), and Shannon Mayer (A Court of Honey and Ash). And a couple of the others seem as if they might fit well here too, so if you live/travel to the UK, you might check it out:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_ac...ode=4725112031
Old 01-16-2022, 08:58 PM   #3158
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Slow week . . .

Guild Codex Universe / Unveiled by Annette Marie
#17/#2 - The Long Forgotten Winter King - 5
Yes, I give it a 5. I was eagerly waiting for this after the cliffhanger, it did not disappoint and I can't wait for the next book (May 6th, so far away )

Midnight Empire / The Tower by Annabel Chase
#3/#3 - Deadly Knight - 4

True North by Sarina Bowen
#2 - Steadfast - 3.5
Audible trial listen, not in KU. Male narrator not good, he sounds like older gritty detective, not twenty something hot guy.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-16.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	191645  
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:04 AM   #3159
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Blade’s Memory (Dragon Blood #5) by Lindsay Buroker (B/4 stars)
  • Under the Ice Blades (Dragon Blood #5.5) by Lindsay Buroker (A-/5 Stars)
  • Raptor (Dragon Blood #6) by Lindsay Buroker (A-/5 Stars)
  • Soulblade (Dragon Blood #7) by Lindsay Buroker (B+/4 stars)
  • Shattered Past (Dragon Blood World) by Lindsay Buroker (A/5 Stars)
  • Dragon Rider (Dragon Blood #7.5) by Lindsay Buroker (B+/4 stars)

Purchased:
none
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:08 PM   #3160
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Nightcreature Collection by Lori Handeland - $1.99
Spoiler:
Blue Moon

When darkness falls, another world comes alive . . .

The summer I discovered the world was not black-and-white but a host of annoying shades of gray was the summer a lot more changed than my vision.

Call me Jessie, or better yet Officer McQuade. On the night the truth began, our usually shy wolf population near my hometown of Miniwa, Wisconsin attacked. Circumstances led me to Professor Will Cadotte, an expert in Native American mythology, particularly of the Ojibwe.

Tall, dark and gorgeous, he was also funny, smart and nearly as sarcastic as I am. I felt things when I looked at him. I wanted to keep feeling them longer than was healthy for a woman like me. I know what I am. Better off alone.

We were getting nowhere until the arrival of Edward Mandenauer, a self-proclaimed werewolf hunter.
Sure, I laughed. Then one of our dead bodies walked out of the morgue.

After that . . . things got really strange.

Hunter’s Moon

Beneath a hunter’s moon blood turns from crimson to black . . .

Once upon a time they called me Ms. Tyler, Leigh to my friends, a kindergarten teacher who dreamed of love, children and that cliché picket fence. Then my worst mistake came back and brutally took away everything I ever loved.

Mistakes . . . they can haunt you. Until you make them stop. So I became a hunter, a Jager-Sucher. Specialty: Werewolves.

Distractions can be deadly and Damien Fitzgerald, a drifter with a questionable past is the ultimate distraction. When I gave up love, I gave up sex. Damien makes me wonder if maybe, just maybe, that was a mistake. However, people who hang around me too long wind up dead, and I can’t live with any more souls on my conscience.

Dark Moon

As the moon goes dark, secrets come to light . . .

The bronze nameplate on my desk reads Dr. Elise Hanover-Virologist. I’ve made it my mission to cure lycanthropy. My life depends on it. I am a werewolf too.

I’ve been holed up in a secret Montana compound for . . . what year is it? Let’s just say it’s been a while.

But when the compound blows sky high and the biggest, baddest, craziest werewolf of all escapes, I’m thrown together with FBI agent, Nic Franklin. Unfortunately, he’s the man whose heart I broke once upon a time, and he hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, me yet.

My boss, Edward Mandenauer, is just waiting for a reason to put a silver bullet in my brain and the way things are going, downhill at epic speed, he may have found the perfect excuse.

The worst part? I love Nic again, or maybe I love him still, and a weakness like that is certain to get both of us killed.

Kindle | Kobo | Google

Includes the first 3 novels in Handeland's Nightcreature series, originally published by St. Martin's starting in 2004. I really liked the early books in this series at the time.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:40 PM   #3161
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Almost three years later, this boxset is on sale again, but for $2.99 this time. But that's still a great price for three books, if you need/want them all. Along with others on here, I've really enjoyed Parker's London Celebrities books, and also the first book, Battle Royal, in her new Palace Insiders series. Her website says there is a sixth LC book coming, as well as a second PI book. Woo-hoo!

The Kindle link in @worktolive's post is still good, and here's the Kobo link: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/lon...ies-collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
A boxset of Lucy Parker's London Celebrities series is on sale for $1.99. This is a fantastic deal that includes all three of the full-length novels in the series! Every one of them is a winner - I rated all of them 4-5 stars and she's pretty much an auto buy for me. Since it's a Harlequin sale, I'm assuming this price is at all stores, not just Amazon.

London Celebrities Collection

Spoiler:
The first three full-length novels in Lucy Parker’s delightfully charming London Celebrities series, available together for the first time.

ACT LIKE IT

This just in: romance takes center stage as West End theatre’s Richard Troy steps out with none other than castmate Elaine Graham

Have the tides turned? Has English rose Lainie Graham made London’s bad boy a new man?

Sources say the mismatched pair has been spotted at multiple events, arm in arm and hip to hip. From fits of jealousy to longing looks and heated whispers, onlookers are stunned by this blooming romance.

Could the rumors be right? Could this unlikely romance be the real thing? Or are these gifted stage actors playing us all?

PRETTY FACE

It’s not actress Lily Lamprey’s fault that she’s all curves and has the kind of voice that can fog up a camera lens. She wants to prove where her real talents lie—and that’s not on a casting couch, thank you. Luc Savage has respect, integrity and experience. He also has it bad for Lily. He’d be willing to dismiss it as a midlife crisis, but this exasperating, irresistible woman is actually a very talented actress. Unfortunately, their romance is not only raising questions about Lily’s suddenly rising career, it’s threatening Luc’s professional reputation.

The course of true love never did run smooth. But if they’re not careful, it could bring down the curtain on both their careers…

MAKING UP

Once upon a time, circus artist Trix Lane was the best around. Her spark vanished with her confidence, though, and reclaiming either has proved…difficult. So when she’s unexpectedly thrust into the spotlight, the joy over her sudden elevation in status is cut short by a new hire on the makeup team.

Leo Magasiva: disgraced wizard of special effects. He of the beautiful voice and impressive beard. Complete dickhead and—in an unexpected twist—an enragingly good kisser.

When it comes to commitment, Trix has been there, done that, never wants to do it again. And Leo’s this close to the job of a lifetime, which would take him away from London—and from Trix. Their past is a constant barrier between them.

It seems hopeless.

Utterly impossible.

And yet…
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #3162
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Chaos Reigning is $1.99 again in the US today, possibly ??? in honor of Jessie Mihalik's new book, Hunt the Stars, which is due out Feb 1.

The links for Chaos Reigning in @apesmom's post below are still good.

(Hunt the Stars is the first in Mihalik's new Starlight's Shadow series and she has the first couple of chapters up on her website. I liked them a lot and am looking forward to this one coming out!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Deal, sci fi/romance

Chaos Reigning (Consortium Rebellion #3) by Jessie Mihalik - $1.99
Spoiler:
Interplanetary intrigue and romance combine in this electrifying finale to the Consortium Rebellion series.

As the youngest member of her High House, Catarina von Hasenberg is used to being underestimated, but her youth and flighty, bubbly personality mask a clever mind and stubborn determination. Her enemies, blind to her true strength, do not suspect that Cat is a spy—which makes her the perfect candidate to go undercover at a rival House’s summer retreat to gather intelligence on their recent treachery.

Cat’s overprotective older sister reluctantly agrees, but on one condition: Cat cannot go alone. Alexander Sterling, a quiet, gorgeous bodyguard, will accompany her, posing as her lover. After Cat tries, and fails, to ditch Alex, she grudgingly agrees, confident in her ability to manage him. After all, she’s never found a person she can’t manipulate.

But Alex proves more difficult—and more desirable—than Cat anticipated. When she’s attacked and nearly killed, she and Alex are forced to work together to figure out how deep the treason goes. With rumors of widespread assaults on Serenity raging, communications down, and the rest of her family trapped off-planet, Catarina must persuade Alex to return to Earth to expose the truth and finish this deadly battle once and for all.

But Cat can’t explain why she’s the perfect person to infiltrate hostile territory without revealing secrets she’d rather keep buried. . .

Kindle | Kobo | Google