Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #1
bhewson
bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo N613 COM ERROR, Kepub only works

I have only old GLO that I have used successfully with Calibre for years.

It recently gives me a communications error, cannot connect to device if I try to output EPUB format, but WILL successfully transfer if converted to KePub
and using the applicable installed plugins.

I have done multiple factory and/or device resets, signed in & out of my account but cannot simply send Epub format without getting communications
errors. THe KePub conversion sometimes messes up the book so would prefer books left as is and sent as Epub.

Any further suggestions as to how to resolve this communication error issue?

THANK YOU.
bhewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:01 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There should be no issue with calibre connecting to a Kobo Glo. And I cannot think of a reason for sending epubs to fail, but sending kepubs will work. So, if you are seeing an error, please post the full details of the error. With that we might be able to diagnose what is going on.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
bhewson
bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bhewson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
Fixed!

David

I tried device config in Calibre and this time rather than fail due to communication error it connected. I deselected KePub and was able to successfully tranfer an Epub.. Not sure why at last it all works again, but I am happy.

THANK you for your offer of assistance.

Bob
bhewson is offline   Reply With Quote